Mauser HsC Pistol

DrB

My uncle used to have one when I was a kid. Looked cool and seemed to be void of recoil when he fired it. When he passed away I looked everywhere for it but I am pretty sure one of my cousins beat me to it.

4 minutes ago, Andyd said:

I used to have a whole lot of .32 ACP pistols, Beretta, CZ, FNs, Walther, Manurhin, EAA Tanfoglio and what not. I remember the Mauser HSC to having had one of the worst triggers of the lot.

7,65 pocket pistols.jpg

Nice 32 collection.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, G26S239 said:

Nice 32 collection.

I shot them all but only kept a photo of one target, the Beretta. I consider it not one of the best pocket pistols of the era but it is extremely reliable. I shot it a 25 meters and could get all ten shots on the target insert with a lot of effort, at least. I personally favoured the Walther PP, which I could shoot best and without too much effort.

The Mauser HSC design inspired the HK4.

Beretta M35.jpeg

Edited by Andyd
  • Like 1

Dad brought home a HsC from the war.  I have it.  Nazi marked and is in good condition. I osted pictures of my P38's.  If you want to see the HsC let me know and I'll dig it out.  There is a story about how I saved this pistol from being gone.

Dave..

Nice looking little guns but the Heckler & Koch HK-4, which was supposedly based on the HSc, was a much better gun. Lighter in weight, and with a better trigger and available in 4 different calibers, all inter changeable on the same frame which is why the gun was called the HK-4. The 4 calibers were 22 LR, 25 ACP, 32 ACP, and 380 you could buy each caliber seperatly or they were available as a set.

hk-4.jpg

• Like 1

They're interesting....

Magazine safety - round in chamber, with magazine removed - and it's 'safe'.

Slide locks open when magazine is empty,  inserting a magazine closes the slide and chambers a round.   Downside - the only way to close the slide is to insert a (empty) magazine.

The trigger breaks OK,  recoil in .380 seems a harsh.

I have two. the first one I purchased in 1965 for $25. It was issued to the 3d Reich navy.  a few years ago I purchased another one. It was issued to the 3r Reich army as were most of them produced during the 3d Reich.