So I saw Kate McPhee is engaged again

IndyGunFreak

It made me remember something.. . Wasn't there a dude on GT (I think his name was cooldude) who was like completely obsessed with her... I think it got to the point it was alarming some people (4-5 threads a day, virtually every post he made was about her, etc..) and Eric banned him.

Anyone remember that?  I might have my people messed up.. but I'm nearly certain Kate McPhee was the object of his obsession.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rinspeed said:

Before I opened this thread I thought of him, not sure if it was Cooldude but he was certainly a wacko.   

Well it wasn't me, I promise. :)

I just saw on a news blurb she was engaged again and it made me remember that guy.

Edited by IndyGunFreak

Just now, IndyGunFreak said:

Well it wasn't me, I promise. :)

I just saw the on a news blurb she was engaged again and it made me remember that guy.

I believe you man.  :D  Someone will remember who it actually was, that must have been 8 or 10 years ago.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, JMag said:

Yes, I remember him, but not his name. Kat is engaged to David Foster, the composer, who is 34 years her senior.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

David Foster is also known as "cooldude".

jk

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Rabbi said:

Every time I see her name I think of the guy in GT who was obsessed.   I only knew of her because of his posts. 

I had to look and it was 2006 she was on American Idol, she still has it going on at 34.  :32: He must have something going on at 68, as well, to catch her. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, Rinspeed said:

I had to look and it was 2006 she was on American Idol, she still has it going on at 34.  :32: He must have something going on at 68, as well, to catch her. 

I have never watched an episode of American Idol.   Anyone who gets familiar that way, I am going to be way behind the curve before I hear about them and when I hear about them, I am I likely to know they got their start on idol. 

For example, I just learned, over a decade later, that is where this gal got her start. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Rabbi said:

I have never watched an episode of American Idol.   Anyone who gets familiar that way, I am going to be way behind the curve before I hear about them and when I hear about them, I am I likely to know they got their start on idol. 

For example, I just learned, over a decade later, that is where this gal got her start. 

She was also on a TV show called Smash, as well as another one called Scorpion.