Resistance is futile

Collim1

I had a P232 years ago that was a beautiful gun. It was also reliable and extremely acccurate. 

I regret trading it off and have come across a nice used one for sale. I don’t think I’m going to be able to resist any longer. 

Its just too damn sleek and sexy. 

Edited by Collim1
  • Like 2

I used to drool over the P230 when carry guns were few and far between. When I finally got my hands on one I discovered the realities of slide bite. So no P230/232 for me. But they are indeed a very slick and well crafted gun. In the old days our investigations unit could select the P230 as a sidearm.

On a side note, the P230 was originally made by Sterling Arms. Not sure if Sig cloned them, bought the rights, purchased Sterling Arms or what.

I had a SS P230 years ago as well. I much prefer the lighter alloy frame. 

Ive never had an issue with slide bite, but it was hardly a gun I ever ran more than a mag or two at a time through. 

A P232 is a pretty cool gun for detectives. Definitely wouldn’t fly today, nor would a 5 shot airweight revolver, it’s just not enough gun for today’s environment. 

But it sure has panache. 

Edited by Collim1

The seller sent me some detailed pics of the gun. The finish looks great. Im ordering it tomorrow.  

Along with a Don Hume holster and some .380 ammo. 

Not it sure what a good carry ammo will be for it. Not that I’ll carrybit often, but I like to have a box of decent carry ammo for each handgun I own.  I’m thinking Hornady Critical Defense. I always worry about penetration with a .380

I’ll be setup just as I was with my old P232. I’ve regretted it ever since I traded it. 

Ordered it this morning. Should be at my FFL Wednesday afternoon. 

I also picked up a few boxes of .380 FMJ and a box of Critical Defense. 

And I ordered a Don Hume H721 in Saddle brown. 

Here are are the pics the seller sent me before I bought it:

82B95001-9A83-4E94-94C7-BB383FEB492A.jpeg

EEA9AE43-AF5B-49B8-A5FF-1BD5EAB9756A.jpeg

795E36EF-FA59-4219-8FE3-0DD3E65CB4A3.jpeg

She looks pretty good if I do say so myself. Assuming the frame rails are in good shape I should be good to go. 

I may even have to carry her for a couple of weeks, just to say I did.  

Edited by Collim1
  • Like 4

I picked her up this afternoon. She really looks great. The frame rails looks practically brand new, which is a good thing. It is very dirty from carry. It is pretty obvious this gun Got a lot of carry time, but doesn’t appear to have been shot very often. I can’t wait to clean it up and get out to the range.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mr. Black said:

There are 5 blued magazines from ebay vendor opilaarms on Ebay right now.   

75 bucks each.   OUCH!   

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Used-Original-Factory-Sig-Sauer-Blued-7rd-P232-P230-380-ACP-Magazine-Mag-232-230/173406493670?hash=item285fd51be6:g:AfAAAOSwaWhZwUcL

That will be a last resort. I have some local shops to scour first. Maybe I’ll get lucky and find a couple in the junk bin. 

I have two mags so I can carry it with what I have, but I prefer to have a half dozen or more for all my guns. 

Edited by Collim1

I made it to the range this morning. She shot like a dream. 100% reliable, and very accurate. I fired 100 rounds of FMJ and a magazine worth of critical defense. I think the critical defense will be in my carry load.

• 2 weeks later...

I found some listings on Gun Broker for used P232 mags. I generally avoid GB as I don’t prefer the hassle of auctions, but I just won a mag for $46, and am looking at a few more listed on Ebay and GB. 

Hopefully I can round up a few more for a decent price. 

I also got my Don Hume holster for it. I’ve been carrying it around the last few days. It’s a fun gun to carry, despite its obvious lack of firepower. 

Its just a classy little gun. 

• Like 1

I scored another magazine this weekend on Gunbroker. Mags are listed at $75-100 dollars, but they are not selling at that price.

I won the first mag in an auction for $46. I scored the second one when the buy it now listing was about to expire. I made an offer of $52 and the seller took it. 

Thats two mags for under $100. Really more than I wanted to spend, but worth the piece of mind in the future knowing I have four total mags. 

The first one cleaned up nicely and it appears it will function perfectly, but only some range time will confirm that.  The second one hasn’t arrived yet. It was an older mag and cosmetically was in worse shape than the other one. 

Hopefully it works out.