Right To Work Law... Yea or Nay?

NDcent

unions need to stand on their own, without the forced taxing brought about by federal or state law.

if a union warrants support and membership, it should not require forced dues.

i worked "union" for thirty years. it was good, but some of the membership was bad. the concept of "they got it and we want it" helped the decline of the goose that laid golden eggs.

common sense must prevail.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Nobody should be required to pay a union to be allowed to work.

Governments need to stay out of it completely. If a union can stand on its own, without laws to force people to join, good. If not, let it go away.

The freedom of the people is what is supposed to matter most.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Kansas has RTW laws and here in Wichita almost none of the aircraft manufacturing employees are due paying members anymore. It's really hurt the Unions, but they spend most of their time defending a few employees that should have been fired. I think it's more than just free loader's not paying, there is a real sense of frustration with the Unions.

They Unions should have seen the writing on the wall a long time ago. Donating to only democrats and demonizing republicans is not going to win you fans in a conservative state like Kansas.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jack Ryan said:

You never are in this country. Choosing to work at all is completely your choice same as YOUR CHOOSING to work for and employer with a union represented work force. You evaluated all your options I would hope and you CHOSE to ASK THEM if they would hire you to work there.

Why should an American be forced to pay a politically motivated organization for the right to work?  It's un American.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Dric902 said:

You have the choice to work in a union shop, or work somewhere else.

if you choose the union shop, don’t bitch about it.

Why should anyone be forced to chose?  Why should someone else decide that a person be forced to join and financially support a politically motivated organization?  Particularly one with deep ties to organized crime.  It's just un American.

6 hours ago, Patrice said:

Hhmmm....NAYE!

I'm figuring that if a union is truly working for the well-being of the company's workers and doing a good job, it doesn't need a law that forces forcing folks to join.

Exactly.  Unions went south and started struggling when they essentially became a PAC for the Democratic Party.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Jack Ryan said:

RTW is a propaganda misnomer to sell it. No different than the media propaganda for the left.

The federal government law requires the union to represent all employees in the bargaining unit and bargain in good faith for all their benefit, members or not. In conjunction to that the courts have ruled for decades the the represented members must financially support those efforts paying the PORTION of the normal dues that the union must show goes toward support for bargaining. NOT POLITICAL EFFORTS.

RTW is just an attempt to allow these free loaders to not contribute at all. That is it, the whole law right there.

It has nothing to do with "right to work". No one has any right to work, any where, and most all of these states are already "at will" employment states. Add to that, as has been stated above" union representation is at historic lows. 90% or more of most every state's labor market is NOT represented by any union so any one who doesn't want involvement with a union has their choice of 90% of the job market.

These people just want all the benefits of working under a union contract with none of the supporting effort. They are no different from the scum from across the border who want all of the benefits of the USA while making none of the contributions required to create it.

You must be a union employee. Your post made me smile though at 90% of the job market being non union. I sincerely hope that statistic is accurate as that just means 10% more to go before the job market becomes what it always should have been.

For the record, I was forced to pay into a union that never did anything for me except hold me back from promotions and salary increases based on my own merit.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Jack Ryan said:

You never are in this country. Choosing to work at all is completely your choice same as YOUR CHOOSING to work for and employer with a union represented work force. You evaluated all your options I would hope and you CHOSE to ASK THEM if they would hire you to work there.

If you are trained in a field that is heavily unionized, you absolutely are if you need the money.

21 hours ago, Jack Ryan said:

RTW is a propaganda misnomer to sell it. No different than the media propaganda for the left.

The federal government law requires the union to represent all employees in the bargaining unit and bargain in good faith for all their benefit, members or not. In conjunction to that the courts have ruled for decades the the represented members must financially support those efforts paying the PORTION of the normal dues that the union must show goes toward support for bargaining. NOT POLITICAL EFFORTS.

RTW is just an attempt to allow these free loaders to not contribute at all. That is it, the whole law right there.

It has nothing to do with "right to work". No one has any right to work, any where, and most all of these states are already "at will" employment states. Add to that, as has been stated above" union representation is at historic lows. 90% or more of most every state's labor market is NOT represented by any union so any one who doesn't want involvement with a union has their choice of 90% of the job market.

These people just want all the benefits of working under a union contract with none of the supporting effort. They are no different from the scum from across the border who want all of the benefits of the USA while making none of the contributions required to create it.

A person not wanting to pay for someone else's radical leftist ideology isn't being a freeloader.  It's being a real American.  Forcing someone to join a POLITICALLY MOTIVATED organization is un American.  

• Like 1