Let's see those reloading rooms

crockett

No firearm forum is complete without a reloading room photo thread. I find it always fascinating to see what others came up with.

No matter if you reload in a closet on a single stage press, in the garage or at the kitchen table. Let's see some pictures of where the magic happens!

--

I was lucky enough to have a spare bed room available. I wouldn't mind reloading in the garage, but Florida's constant heat and humidity would be too much for me.

Edited by crockett
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Someday crockett, someday!   I envy your room.  

Until then, I am stuck in the cramped garage.   Funny, we actually keep cars in our garage too. Where they belong.  

Yes, that's 3 dillon presses and my antique single stage all in the span of about 6 feet.  

Dillons.jpg

• Like 9

7 minutes ago, Mr. Black said:

Someday crockett, someday!   I envy your room.  

Until then, I am stuck in the cramped garage.   Funny, we actually keep cars in our garage too. Where they belong.  

Yes, that's 3 dillon presses and my antique single stage all in the span of about 6 feet.  

Dillons.jpg

So much blue :) Your place has more flair to it. I like it.

Sometimes I wish I could kiss my OCD good bye. I already regret writing that.  :rolling_eyes:

• Like 4

Good on you crockett! I was just thinking it was time to start one of these threads. Lets see if I can get this to work. 

My bench is a work in progress since we moved a year or so ago. At least I'm in a heated and cooled space now. My prior bench was an unheated detached shed/garage. 

IMG_3493.jpg

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, N2extrm said:

Good on you crockett! I was just thinking it was time to start one of these threads. Lets see if I can get this to work. 

My bench is a work in progress since we moved a year or so ago. At least I'm in a heated and cooled space now. My prior bench was an unheated detached shed/garage. 

Awesome setup, thank you for sharing. Really like those power outlets at that height. Somebody was thinking. Making notes for my next house.

PS: I'm getting this itch for a dual 650 setup. :greensupergrin:

Edited by crockett

1 minute ago, crockett said:

Awesome setup, thank you for sharing. Really like those power outlets at that height. Somebody was thinking. Making notes for my next house.

PS: I'm getting this itch for a dual 650 setup. :greensupergrin:

Thanks! I gutted the basement and re-framed and re-wired the entire thing. Those outlets were put there exactly for that reason. To admit my mistake, its still not enough power. I should have done quads. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, G21H30 said:

Same room,different view.

Nice! Love me an army of blue. What calibers do you reload on those?

I see a bunch of MTM boxes.. I'm in the process of replacing my old ones with the updated hinge version.

11 hours ago, crockett said:

Nice! Love me an army of blue. What calibers do you reload on those?

I see a bunch of MTM boxes.. I'm in the process of replacing my old ones with the updated hinge version.

Going from right to left: 1st 550 is dedicated to small pistol/rifle primers. .380, 9mm, 357 SIG,40 S&W, 38 SPL/357 Mag, 45 GAP,  6.8 SPC, 30 Carbine .300 BLK, next 550B, 22-250, 220 Swift,30-30, 243, .308, 6.5 CM, 6.5x55, .25-06, 270, 30-06, .338 WM,, 3rd 550B 10mm, 45 ACP, 44 SPL/44 Mag, 400 Cor-Bon, next 450B is dedicated to 5.56, next Mec 650 20 ga. , Mec 12 ga. Far left Lyman Spar-T turret press and RCBS Rock Chucker for my Dillon Trimmer. Here is another view 

Reloading_Room_2018-3.jpg

Edited by G21H30
  • Like 2

On 7/17/2018 at 12:52 PM, G21H30 said:

Here's the rest of the room. It's 12'x16'.

Great equipment, thank you for sharing. So much to discover. :)

I see you are also a CFE and Vihtavuori fan. 

I use the same Pelican cases for my rifles, pistols and as "range bags".

Edited by crockett

30 minutes ago, crockett said:

Great equipment, thank you for sharing. So much to discover. :)

I see you are also a CFE and Vihtavuori fan. 

I use the same Pelican cases for my rifles, pistols and as "range bags".

Img_2251.thumb.jpg.2db0265ba2400bc5d3f8dbee1af5251d.jpg

Thanks,

Yes I really like Vihtavuori powders and Pelican cases. That room is the cumulation of 40 years of reloading. I got started in 1978 with the Lyman Expert Kit, then a few years later caught the Dillon "Blue virus". I have been fortunate to have been at the right place/time when my buddies upgraded to Dillion 650's. I have not paid more than $250 for any of the 550's complete with a lot of accessories.

Edited by G21H30
  • Like 2

• crockett changed the title to Let's see those reloading rooms
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow, seeing everyone's set up made me leave out my picture! I Load for one caliber only and l keep my powder, scale, caliper, loading kit and stuff all in a shoe box. I stack my bench press weights on the floor in front of the tv and use them as a hard surface for hammering with my mallet... nothing fancy. I live in an apartment with not much space, so when i am done, all tools and materials go back into box in the closet...

One day though...

Very nice set ups all of you! having a dedicated work space seems really great.

• Like 1

• Please Donate To TBS

Please donate to TBS.
    Your support is needed and it is greatly appreciated.