Watch yer dang nails & screws!

gwalchmai

I just found a big bolt, with 1" washer, in my front tire. Mrs. G and I heard it as I was driving slow. It hadn't started leaking yet, and it's right in the very middle of the tread, so I'll get it plugged in the morning. Last week Mrs. G's TPMS came on and we found a big-ass deck screw in hers. In the exact same place.

You guys stop throwing those bastages out!

• Like 1

The local tire shop where I used to live, kept a big bowl on the counter, full of all the crap they’d pulled from tires.

some of the stuff just makes you shake your head... But I didn’t see no damn bones in there!!

Edited by Joshhtn
  • Sad 1

Just now, gwalchmai said:

LOL. It was 1" long, not 1" in diameter. :)

Ah, I have seen some ridiculously large stuff get into tires.

I also only use metal valve stems now.  I had two fail on my truck while I was driving, one time it cost me a tire.  The other time I was driving next to a barrier and heard swish swish from the air coming out and caught it in time.

The one thing I always avoid on the road are those stupid rubber straps with the "S" hooks, it's like they were designed to twist when run over and bury themselves into the tread. People seem to loose a lot of those on the highway.

1 minute ago, XSIV4S said:

The one thing I always avoid on the road are those stupid rubber straps with the "S" hooks, it's like they were designed to twist when run over and bury themselves into the tread. People seem to loose a lot of those on the highway.

Yeah, makes you wonder where all the stuff that they were holding down fell...

17 hours ago, gwalchmai said:

I just found a big bolt, with 1" washer, in my front tire. Mrs. G and I heard it as I was driving slow. It hadn't started leaking yet, and it's right in the very middle of the tread, so I'll get it plugged in the morning. Last week Mrs. G's TPMS came on and we found a big-ass deck screw in hers. In the exact same place.

You guys stop throwing those bastages out!

I do so much work in the second garage stall that I went to HF and bought their Magnetic floor sweeper.  It's strong magnets on wheels with a lever to pull that drops all the stuff of the magnets when your done.   

I had a time when I was picking up so many deck screws in my tires, that the next car I ordered came with bullet proof tires rated to seal a 9mm hole.  No problems since then.  Didn't need the BP tires on the rest of the new cars cars.

• Like 1