general SBR questions

DUBSY

What is the best all around configuration for a short barreled rifle? Such as caliber, length, suppressor, platform (such as piston or DI), adjustable gas or any other pertinent considerations?  

In a rifle cartridge, suppressed,  it doesn't get much better than the .300 AAC.

I believe the 8.5" barrel length is about optimum for the .300, but all my SBRs are 10.5", simply personal preference.

It's going to depend on what you want to build/get. 

I do agree that 300 is great since I have a few SBRs in 300.

in order of how much I shoot them:

22lr 4"

300blk 7.5"

300blk 8.25"

300blk 9"

5.56 10"

300blk 10.5"

6.5G 12"

I'm probably going to shoot the 6.5 more since it's summer now and I have access to a longer range.

• 6 months later...

I contacted Lonewolf to see if they had anything like that going.  Nothing but a full size.  Which is ultimately, is too bad, as I have given them a lot of business over the years.

Edited by Moshe

Just got off the phone with an NFA Trust Attorney.  The trust is not a bad price 300.00  I guess I have to figure out the fingerprints on my own.  Even though the Government has my blood type, fingerprints more time than I can count, and then my DNA is on file with Texas for the next 7 years.  A little known fact, if your DNA is taken by the State of Texas as part of a medical procedure, they keep it on file for 10 years. 

Edited by Moshe

5 hours ago, Moshe said:

Just got off the phone with an NFA Trust Attorney.  The trust is not a bad price 300.00  I guess I have to figure out the fingerprints on my own.  Even though the Government has my blood type, fingerprints more time than I can count, and then my DNA is on file with Texas for the next 7 years.  A little known fact, if your DNA is taken by the State of Texas as part of a medical procedure, they keep it on file for 10 years. 

Did you look at the silencershop NFA trust?  My first suppressor was on one of their "one shot" trusts, next will be a regular NFA trust through them.  Price is only $130, occasionally on sale for $100.  

If you did look at them, what was the reason you decided not to go that route?  I'm curious as I just don't know much about them, but it seems they're legit.

6 hours ago, Cougar_ml said:

Did you look at the silencershop NFA trust?  My first suppressor was on one of their "one shot" trusts, next will be a regular NFA trust through them.  Price is only $130, occasionally on sale for $100.  

If you did look at them, what was the reason you decided not to go that route?  I'm curious as I just don't know much about them, but it seems they're legit.

I was looking for suppressors first, SBR's second.  But, I just felt more comfortable with an NFA Trust so more people can be on it, and there is a series of progression in the family.