Fans of Battlestar Galactica?

BadAndy

I enjoyed it quite a bit when it came out.  In fact, a couple months ago, I reached the opening mini series/movie/whatever-you-want-to-call-it.  It was an awesome start to the series.  

A couple seasons in, I stopped watching. Not only was every single character turning out to be a Cylon (or so it felt like) but in every other episode someone was getting tortured or raped or brutalized in some way.  Maybe I'm misremembering it, but I know I was turned off from an otherwise good plot and stopped watching because it got too dark. I've seen enough evil in real life. I don't need to see it portrayed "realistically" in my entertainment. 

9 hours ago, Eric said:

The new series is one of the best TV dramas ever produced. Outstanding show. 

Agreed - especially in the Sci-Fi subcategory.  I watched it after finishing up "Longmire" as a change of pace.  I forgot that Katee Sackhoff was in both.

My wife noticed that she was however.  

Edited by SC Tiger
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, BadAndy said:

Kara Remembers is one of my favorite parts of the show.

Bear McCreary absolutely nailed the music for that show and I feel is one of the main reasons I've loved it so much. 

He did.  And using a version of "All Along the Watchtower" for the music the "final five" kept hearing was genius!

2 hours ago, paul45 said:

I watched it and it was pretty good, but it absolutely annoyed me how many times they used "frack".  That just sounded so stupid.

Yeah, but it allowed them to be "edgy" without getting hit with any FCC or ratings issues.  Same reason that "Transformers Prime" used the word "Scrap!" a lot (and that was a kid's show).  Was a pretty good idea really.

We recently started re watching the whole BSG series and it was good as I remembered and it still holds up fairly well.

But as far as a similar type of space opera, the more recent SyFy Channel's "The Expanse" blows it away it most areas, especially in terms of portraying the science of traveling and living in space.

5 hours ago, Dragline said:

We recently started re watching the whole BSG series and it was good as I remembered and it still holds up fairly well.

But as far as a similar type of space opera, the more recent SyFy Channel's "The Expanse" blows it away it most areas, especially in terms of portraying the science of traveling and living in space.

The Expanse is really great and has me engrossed similar to BSG. I was very happy when Amazon picked it up!!

I'm seeing a lot of good things about The Expanse, I'll check it out. Another good one is Altered Carbon on Netflix. Original story with a lot of action, but it's got a lot of nudity so if that's not your thing you've been warned. 

1 hour ago, Lagamor said:

I'm seeing a lot of good things about The Expanse, I'll check it out. Another good one is Altered Carbon on Netflix. Original story with a lot of action, but it's got a lot of nudity so if that's not your thing you've been warned. 

I keep forgetting to check that one out. I've really enjoyed West World so nudity won't be a problem lol

• Like 1