sparkler bombs

G19 DB

I've done it.  I've been unsuccessful the last few years though.   Not sure if they've changed the formula?    

About 5 years ago I did one with 5 packs of sparklers and traditional duct tape.   It put nearly a 5 gallon bucket size hole in the ground.   

• Like 1

A few years ago we had a 20-something making a sparkler bomb have it go off prematurely, probably because he was also smoking, and disembowel him. When we arrived on scene his crotch and thighs were shredded and his guts were laying all over the ground as he sat in a chair crying for help. There was nothing to do but sit there and talk to him while he died. The very next year, in the very same area of town, we had a guy making a sparkler bomb lose most of his hand. Turns out he was friends with the first guy but didn't think it would happen to him.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, mlk18 said:

A few years ago we had a 20-something making a sparkler bomb have it go off prematurely, probably because he was also smoking, and disembowel him. When we arrived on scene his crotch and thighs were shredded and his guts were laying all over the ground as he sat in a chair crying for help. There was nothing to do but sit there and talk to him while he died. The very next year, in the very same area of town, we had a guy making a sparkler bomb lose most of his hand. Turns out he was friends with the first guy but didn't think it would happen to him.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Damn. Sucky day at work, huh? I'm glad that there's folks who do your job, but I don't envy you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, gwalchmai said:

Damn. Sucky day at work, huh? I'm glad that there's folks who do your job, but I don't envy you.

To be honest, it was just another day at work. You either figure out how to just deal with it, or you change careers.

• Like 1

cO2 cartridge and match heads.. in a pipe as a barrel.. still parts of that contraption in my dad's red wood fence.. we got away launching several, no issue. Then we didn't. Thank the Lord, no one was injured. and thankfully, we (4 teens) decided that was enough of that kind of experimenting..

I would love to know the science behind this one? It explodes with ice, but does not explode with dry ice which lends a little credibility to the idea that the heat separate the water at a molecular level. I don't know, but it is pretty impressive: