Freedom Isn't Free - by Bill Maher

RussP

6 minutes ago, willie-pete said:

To go along with the "Like" icons - we need a "Thanks" button.

And now I'm telling Eric what to do. :Alex:

Never mind, found it. It's the trophy button.

Edited by *OldSchool*
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, *OldSchool* said:

To go along with the "Like" icons - we need a "Thanks" button.

And now I'm telling Eric what to do. :Alex:

Thanks  

It's the Trophy icon in the Like choices group...

3 minutes ago, Gun Shark said:

So? 18 in this country is an adult... Why should age matter beyond that?

Really?  I have to explain this?  Really? 

What does it say about him?  Why do you suppose he is unable to maintain a relationship with an intellectual equal?  And it's creepy as ****.

Just now, Boogieman said:

Really?  I have to explain this?  Really? 

What does it say about him?  Why do you suppose he is unable to maintain a relationship with an intellectual equal?  And it's creepy as ****.

Yes you do... Personally I really don't care and I don't judge what two consenting adults want to do with each other as long as it's not a crime or impacting me negatively. If he isn't a dick and treating them like ****... why should anyone really care. I've met some extremely intelligent 18 year olds, and some extremely stupid 62 year olds. Intellectual equality does not necessarily equal age symmetry. 

1 hour ago, Gun Shark said:

Yes you do... Personally I really don't care and I don't judge what two consenting adults want to do with each other as long as it's not a crime or impacting me negatively. If he isn't a dick and treating them like ****... why should anyone really care. I've met some extremely intelligent 18 year olds, and some extremely stupid 62 year olds. Intellectual equality does not necessarily equal age symmetry. 

Before worshiping Maher as a deity do a bit of research on how he treats these dumb teenagers.  There's phone recordings.  And no matter how you try to defend his disgusting actions he is creepy.  Dating someone young enough to be your granddaughter is disgusting.  And speaks volumes about his character.

2 minutes ago, Boogieman said:

Before worshiping Maher as a deity do a bit of research on how he treats these dumb teenagers.  There's phone recordings.  And no matter how you try to defend his disgusting actions he is creepy.  Dating someone young enough to be your granddaughter is disgusting.  And speaks volumes about his character.

I wasn't defending Maher to be clear. I was just saying personally, I really don't care about the ages of people dating as long as they are both adults. What two consenting adults choose to do with each other, is their business and I think it is wrong to judge someone based on solely on that fact. 

4 minutes ago, willie-pete said:

Maybe the girls want to see what it feels like to have old age creep up on them?

I think we all know what they are interested in.  Have you ever heard the recorded phone conversation he had with a very very young stripper?  It's vile.

2 minutes ago, Gun Shark said:

I wasn't defending Maher to be clear. I was just saying personally, I really don't care about the ages of people dating as long as they are both adults. What two consenting adults choose to do with each other, is their business and I think it is wrong to judge someone based on solely on that fact. 

But in some states 16 is the age of consent.  You good with that?

3 minutes ago, Boogieman said:

I think we all know what they are interested in.  Have you ever heard the recorded phone conversation he had with a very very young stripper?  It's vile.

As long as it's legal and 100% consensual... yes. Like I said, I really don't see that as a sole issue to judge someone. I guess all those rockstars and Hugh Hefner dating people 30-60 years younger are creepy and disgusting. Personally for me, I won't date anyone who is in high school whether they are 18 or not. However, I have 0 issue dating someone who is 18 and in college. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gun Shark said:

As long as it's legal and 100% consensual... yes. Like I said, I really don't see that as a sole issue to judge someone. I guess all those rockstars and Hugh Hefner dating people 30-60 years younger are creepy and disgusting. Personally for me, I won't date anyone who is in high school whether they are 18 or not. However, I have 0 issue dating someone who is 18 and in college. 

So you would be fine with your 16 yr old daughter ******* Bill Clinton?

14 hours ago, Boogieman said:

I haven't heard it, but who cares what he said to a stripper so long as he didn't break any laws doing so? If the stripper was so offended by his words she could have hung up rather than having the conversation. Personally, at 38 I wouldn't date an 18 year old as I cannot find much relatable with most any of the young adults of todays generation and I value substance in conversation far more than the physical part of the relationship. He apparently doesn't. As to why he chooses the women hat he does, it may have little to do with fear of intellectual conversation. Put down your moral compass for a moment and answer one simple question. What 62 year old can you name that has a body as nice as many young women that are 18? His reasoning could be as simple as that.

To answer the 16 question, no I'm not ok with that but not because I am offended over the idea, but because the difference between operating within the confines of the law and committing a criminal act is crossing state lines. It would be very easy to commit a felony simply by traveling out of state. I already find it annoying that I have to look up other states firearm and reciprocacy laws when traveling. I wouldn't want to add age of consent laws to that list too. Plus that additional 2 years between 16 and 18 widens the gap for the possibility of substance in conversation as at 16, many youths are still as immature as when they were children.

1 hour ago, Roger1079 said:

Personally, at 38 I wouldn't date an 18 year old as I cannot find much relatable with most any of the young adults of todays generation and I value substance in conversation far more than the physical part of the relationship. He apparently doesn't. As to why he chooses the women hat he does, it may have little to do with fear of intellectual conversation. Put down your moral compass for a moment and answer one simple question. What 62 year old can you name that has a body as nice as many young women that are 18? His reasoning could be as simple as that.

Seems that you just made my case for me.  Thanks.