Disney Thread

Gun Shark

Just a fun fact while you guys are on the subject of Disney fireworks, but Disney is the second largest purchaser of explosives in the United States, following only the United States Military.

Edited by dx_caliber
spelling

4 hours ago, dx_caliber said:

Just a fun fact while you guys are on the subject of Disney fireworks, but Disney is the second largest purchaser of explosives in the United States, following only the United States Military.

That's awesome and not surprising. I would love to tour their fireworks manufacturing facility, meet the head guy in charge of it all, and learn what goes into the fireworks displays in all the parks... I bet that would be a fun day/ couple of days. 

When I was young and dumb (up until yesterday, LOL), I lived in the panhandle of west Texas for awhile.  As thunderstorms and lightning move in, we'd shoot off rockets from launcher when we feel that there's high electrical field coming in.

As the rocket goes off and shoots upward, it leaves a trail of ionized air and smoke.  Highly charged clouds would find that small smoke column as a path to ground, and lightning would hit that very spot.  When the storm is gone, we'd dig up the spot to find an "artwork" of melted sand, quite unique and sometimes look like roots of tree.  Pretty cool décor in a house, colors and all, or so we thought.

That's the reason you don't want to firework during an electrical storm discharge (or for that matter, having BBQ smoke rise from your backyard grill).

Edited by ModGlock17

19 hours ago, Gun Shark said:

How's the weather there? The radar looks like you're getting drenched.

This is a good point for people who want to go to Disney World but aren't familiar with Florida weather:

If you go in the summer, it is going to rain.  Every. Single. Day.  On most days the rain will pass quickly, but it will strike with little warning.  Yes, even though the sky was clear blue just a few minutes ago.