Random Posting

Eric

27 minutes ago, Cougar_ml said:

https://www.ultimatesockets.com/products/ultimate-socket-set-10mm?fbclid=IwAR2zRR5O2q1tvttwAZCxXyS3VwPWv1B95I0UwkqqP5wMDu9L9lQw81HkTT4

Ultimate 10mm Sockets

This is the Ultimate Socket Set, a full set of 10mm sockets!

Tired of losing your 10mm socket, looking endlessly in your engine bay, or waiting to hear it hit the garage floor?

Well look no further, at Ultimate Sockets we have you covered with our Ultimate set of 10mm only sockets. Each case contains 4x deep 10mm sockets and 4x standard 10mm sockets. The next time a socket walks off when you're not looking, don't worry about it. Just open your tool box and pull out our Ultimate Socket Set and grab the next 10mm socket.

We will be just as upset if 1/8 of our collection is missing as if our only 10mm is missing. That empty slot will be crying out to us. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cougar_ml said:

https://www.ultimatesockets.com/products/ultimate-socket-set-10mm?fbclid=IwAR2zRR5O2q1tvttwAZCxXyS3VwPWv1B95I0UwkqqP5wMDu9L9lQw81HkTT4

Ultimate 10mm Sockets

This is the Ultimate Socket Set, a full set of 10mm sockets!

Tired of losing your 10mm socket, looking endlessly in your engine bay, or waiting to hear it hit the garage floor?

Well look no further, at Ultimate Sockets we have you covered with our Ultimate set of 10mm only sockets. Each case contains 4x deep 10mm sockets and 4x standard 10mm sockets. The next time a socket walks off when you're not looking, don't worry about it. Just open your tool box and pull out our Ultimate Socket Set and grab the next 10mm socket.

I have to admit that I have more than duplicates in metric and English.  Sometimes in my rush I don't see one so there has to be more than one, sometimes I have one on the bolt and another one on the nut.  I have good rationalizations for multiples.

My rationalization for multiples was I'd lose the <pick one - 1/2", 9/16" 10mm, 14mm, whatever>, then go to Sears* to buy a replacement.  And find I could get the replacement for $6.50.  Or the ten piece set, that had the replacement I needed along with 9 other sizes to give me spares of those, on sale for $11.99.  Less than 2x the price for nine additional sockets.  So of course I'd buy the set. (And promptly start losing those, too.). Later, rinse, repeat and there wind up being a lot of duplicates, but never the size you need.  

-Pat

* back in the day when Craftsman tools were good and made here in the US rather than offshored to places of lesser quality in persuit of profit at the expense of a hard built brand name.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

• Eric changed the title to BookFace
  • Eric locked this topic
  • Eric pinned this topic
  • Eric unpinned and unlocked this topic