Random Posting

Eric

13 hours ago, Eric said:

That is crazy. I’ve never seen watermelon carvings before. Very cool. 

Very big in Japan.  My daughter lives there and when she came back to the US to have her twins, she bought a bunch of watermelon while she was here.  She said they cost about $40 each in Japan.  On base.  Way higher in town.

• Like 1

• Administrators
1 minute ago, PNWguy said:

Very big in Japan.  My daughter lives there and when she came back to the US to have her twins, she bought a bunch of watermelon while she was here.  She said they cost about $40 each in Japan.  On base.  Way higher in town.

When I was in the Army, we used to inject watermelons with grain alcohol a couple of days before parties. By the time we ate it, the alcohol had distributed itself. You could hardly taste it. Now that is a $40 watermelon! 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

One Christmas/New years our Chemical Tech got in the spirit the day before our holiday, and injected Grain Alcohol into a bag of Oranges in her lab.  We had a liquor license for it. 

Then she ran around the Research Lab trying to kiss all the personnel.  This might be interesting because she was a nice person and all; however, she looked like a over the road trucker that had lost too way many fights. 

She caused quite a stir with all the guys running into the offices and down the hall to get away.

• Administrators
1 minute ago, JMag said:

Jerry Miculek and his Barrett .50 vs. 4lb body armor that floats. Pick a winner.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Speaking of peanut butter ....

When people tell you that they will be there in a jiffy, they are not being realistic, nor do they designate which definition of jiffy they mean.

A jiffy is a unit of time that really has no agreed, defined value.

A nineteenth century physicist declared a jiffy to be the time required for light to travel one centimeter in a vacuum, around 33 picoseconds (33E-12 seconds. )

Power engineers define a jiffy as the interval of alternating current, usually 1/60 of a second.

Computer scientists define a jiffy as the time between two ticks of a system interrupt controller.  That duration is dependent on the clock speed of the processor, so there is no set universal value.

So, now you know.  :broc1:

The next time someone says, I'll be there is a jiffy, you ask, Which one?

NB if it is a woman saying that she'll be there in a jiffy, that means at least 30 minutes, often longer.  Best get out a magazine.   :biggrin:

Edited by tous
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, tous said:

Speaking of peanut butter ....

When people tell you that they will be there in a jiffy, they are not being realistic, nor do they designate which definition of jiffy they mean.

A jiffy is a unit of time that really has no agreed, defined value.

A nineteenth century physicist declared a jiffy to be the time required for light to travel one centimeter in a vacuum, around 33 picoseconds (33E-12 seconds. )

Power engineers define a jiffy as the interval of alternating current, usually 1/60 of a second.

Computer scientists define a jiffy as the time between two ticks of a system interrupt controller.  That duration is dependent on the clock speed of the processor, so there is no set universal value.

So, now you know.  :broc1:

The next time someone says, I'll be there is a jiffy, you ask, Which one?

NB if it is a woman saying that she'll be there in a jiffy, that means at least 30 minutes, often longer.  Best get out a magazine.   :biggrin:

Kind of like the mechanical specification of "ORCH".

• Like 2

1 minute ago, tous said:

One I am not aware of, amigo.

Definition of ORCH?

:599c64bfb50b0_wavey1:

Of course you know this.  It may be a little out of date but I'm sure you will remember. "One Red C Hair".  A mechanical dimension that is technically dimensionally  undefined, but understood by every Mechanical Engineer, Technician, and Mechanic in the business.  More commonly known as an RCH.

• Like 2

Be good if you told us galoots that that an overhead of a portion of Venice, Italy.
I think.
Pretty sure.
:biggrin:
:599c64bfb50b0_wavey1:

Yep, and the other is from another little Italian town.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

17 minutes ago, janice6 said:

Of course you know this.  It may be a little out of date but I'm sure you will remember. "One Red C Hair".  A mechanical dimension that is technically dimensionally  undefined, but understood by every Mechanical Engineer, Technician, and Mechanic in the business.  More commonly known as an RCH.

I did now that one, except we never specified the color of the measuring hair in question.

Any old hair would do.

:biggrin:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Eric changed the title to BookFace
  • Eric locked this topic
  • Eric pinned this topic
  • Eric unpinned and unlocked this topic