Random Posting

Eric

• Administrators
9 minutes ago, janice6 said:

I would agree that it's a frightening scenario to consider accidentally dropping a thermonuclear device.

BUT.  Remember, none that were accidentally dropped, went off.

Tell that to the bovine bystander. :biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Administrators
1 minute ago, janice6 said:

You know that that was eventually an intended food source, but in his wildest dreams that farmer never thought his beef would go for that much per pound.

Irradiated beef is pricey. Although the fissile material was not in the bomb when it dropped, the Tritium, or whatever they used to boost the detonation was. I bet the cleanup costed Uncle Sugar plenty. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Eric said:

Irradiated beef is pricey. Although the fissile material was not in the bomb when it dropped, the Tritium, or whatever they used to boost the detonation was. I bet the cleanup costed Uncle Sugar plenty. 

I agree.  I also would venture that to say the military was embarrassed about this fiasco, would be the understatement of the year.

Worst words in the military language:  "Oh God, not again!".

• Like 2

I can't stand the Disney Star Wars trilogy.  Rogue one was good though.  Solo was mediocre at best. But I do not hate the actors.  I hate the writing and direction, but I think for the most part the actors are doing an ok job given the utter **** the writers have handed them.

• Thanks 1

Won a contest. All I wanted was a DVD player. Got the the Grand Prize! Got my DVD player, a TV and X-Box I gave to my son in law, 4 boxes of Jolly Time popcorn monthly for a year, and this thing. Commercial popcorn machine, taking up space in my one room apartment. Nobody wants to buy it (MSRP > $2000, hoping for $500) now thinking of what school or church I can "donate" it to for a tax break if they send me the paperwork putting me over the SS income limit. I know, I know. First world problem! Open to suggestions......no, can't weaponize it, but makes great popcorn! Or take Tom Lehrer's suggestion and poison pigeons in the park.

20190403_132530.jpg

Edited by Paul53
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Ricordo said:

Check this out. https://satruck.org/Home/DonationValueGuide

There's no listing for a commercial pop corn machine. You might be better off consulting your accountant. I would think that a fair value is at least $500.00, but I'm not an accountant.

Best,

I'LL TRY AGAIN. iT SHOULD ONLY SHOW FOR Southern Maine. Although the MSRP seems absorbitant, I'm hoping for 500.

3 hours ago, Paul53 said:

The greatest benefit of being an ER nurse is, just when you think you've seen it all, people start huffing wasp spray!

wasp fb.JPG

So many people always looking for something.  They can not put  into words what they want, but their  doing things that contradict logic and reason.  This is no different than intended suicide. 

Trying for the ultimate experience (which to many is death), while putting little effort into the hunt, shows that you have little respect for your own existence.  With this in mind,  I find it hard to have respect for you too!

3 hours ago, Paul53 said:

Won a contest. All I wanted was a DVD player. Got the the Grand Prize! Got my DVD player, a TV and X-Box I gave to my son in law, 4 boxes of Jolly Time popcorn monthly for a year, and this thing. Commercial popcorn machine, taking up space in my one room apartment. Nobody wants to buy it (MSRP > $2000, hoping for $500) now thinking of what school or church I can "donate" it to for a tax break if they send me the paperwork putting me over the SS income limit. I know, I know. First world problem! Open to suggestions......no, can't weaponize it, but makes great popcorn! Or take Tom Lehrer's suggestion and poison pigeons in the park.

20190403_132530.jpg

I see some auto dealers with these in their waiting room or on the display floor.

Just a thought!

• Like 1

• Administrators
8 minutes ago, Paul53 said:

May have to put it out front with a "For Sale, cash only" sign. Should be gone by morning, then I'll have a police report for the deduction.

Why don't you put it out front and sell some popcorn?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Eric changed the title to BookFace
  • Eric locked this topic
  • Eric pinned this topic
  • Eric unpinned and unlocked this topic