Random Posting

Eric

On 9/24/2022 at 5:45 AM, pipedreams said:
[1-2-3]On his 74th birthday.
A man got a gift certificate from his wife. The certificate paid for a visit to a medicine man living on a nearby reservation who was rumored to have a wonderful cure for erectile dysfunction. After being persuaded, the man drove to the reservation, handed his ticket to the medicine man while wondering just exactly what he was in for.
The old Indian slowly and methodically produced a potion, handed it to him, and with a grip on his shoulder, warned, "This is powerful medicine and it must be respected. You take only a teaspoonful and then you say, '1-2-3. ' When you do that, you will become more manly than you have ever been in your life, and you can perform as long as you want. "The man was encouraged. As he walks away, he turned and asked, "How do I stop the medicine from working?" "Your partner must say '1-2-3-4,' the medicine man responded. "But, when she does, the medicine will not work again until the next full moon. "The man was very eager to see if it worked so he went home, showered, shaved, took a spoonful of the medicine, and invited his wife to join him in the bedroom. When she came in, He took off his clothes and said, "1-2-3!" Immediately, he was the manliest of men. His wife was excited and began throwing off her clothes. And then she asked, "What was the 1-2-3 for?"
And that, boys and girls, is why we should never end our sentences with a preposition because we could end up with a dangling participle.

I loved that story!  However, I always remembered: "Never use a preposition to end a sentence with.".

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Schmidt Meister said:

Rules-of-Racing.jpg

Long ago I read an interview with a legendary open wheel road racer after he spectacularly crashed and flipped off the track.

The interviewer asked the legendary driver why he crashed, what happened to cause the crash?  Did a car part fail?  Was another drive at fault?  was there something on the track?  What happened?

The legendary driver said, well.  I was moving up on the pack shifting and powering through the corners and around the others when I came to this corner and I Was going too fast and down shifted which broke the car loose and I screwed up.  I caused a bump with other cars and the wheel on mine rode up over another guy which flipped me over!

The interviewer trying to salvage the reputation of the legendary drivers reputation then said.  That did you think of to do when you realized you were upside down and sliding after the crash?

The legendary driver said.  Well when I realized that I was upside down and sliding I just relaxed and rode it out.  The interviewer said, weren't you scared to be in that predicament?  

The legendary driver said no, and smiled.  He said when I felt grass in my face I knew I wasn't on the track and it was OK..

I can't recall who, Stewart, Hill?  Someone like that.  I was impressed that he didn't try to BS his way out of the responsibility for his crash even when the interviewer offered him excuses.

Honest is always the best answer.

• Like 3