Random Posting

Eric

Anyone did this or heard of it?

Get Rid of Ants
Put small piles of cornmeal where you see ants. They eat it, take it 'home,' can't digest it so it kills them. It may take a week or so, especially if it rains, but it works and you don't have the worry about pets or small children being harmed!

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, pipedreams said:

Anyone did this or heard of it?

Get Rid of Ants
Put small piles of cornmeal where you see ants. They eat it, take it 'home,' can't digest it so it kills them. It may take a week or so, especially if it rains, but it works and you don't have the worry about pets or small children being harmed!

I will try it.

Borax and corn syrup work great but I don’t want my dogs in it. Or neighborhood cats. The worker carry the syrup back but the borax kills the queen. 

• Thanks 1

On 8/12/2022 at 6:16 AM, pipedreams said:

0163389503deb69f.jpg

How true.  We took in a rescue puppy of 14 years old.  She was skittish and wary of everyone.  We loved her and found that she knew a wonderous assortment of commands and she would comply immediately when she heard one she knew.

She is the smartest dog we have ever had.  We had a miniature )Poodle/a Yorkshire Terrier/another Yorkshire Terrier, then SOPHIE.

A year later she is absolutely bonded to our pack.  Last night I stayed up till 4AM and she wouldn't settle down while mom tried to sleep.  She finally came upstairs and whined to me till I agreed to go to bed with my pack.

She is the most wonderful dog we have ever had.  When we wake up in the AM/PM I go pick her up and take her to bed with us.  I tell her how much we love her and I get a lot of kisses.  I don't know how someone could throw out a dog they had for 14 years.  I imagine it almost killed her.

We are doing our best to make sure she knows we love her and respect her.  She had decided to protect mom above all else.  The pecking order in our home is, me, Sophie and mom.  I truly believe she would give her life for mom.

I don't know if she realizes it, but when she goes outside, I am standing in the patio door with a .45 just making sure nothing and no one harms my baby.

• Like 3

On 8/13/2022 at 5:09 AM, pipedreams said:

89c4e7c74fb65f7a.jpeg.0462276ceb39f7e1aebdcaf2273f4b2d.jpeg

The only tractor I learned to drive was a Farmall M.  Started it on gas and switched to diesel when it was running.  My friend that lived on the farm wouldn't let me drive the V wheel one.  I'm glad he didn't.  He forgot to tell me to flip the little lever to lock both brake pedals together.

Racing side by side on the dirt road when a milk truck turned onto the road right in front of us.  I hit the brake pedal and did an immediate right into the ditch, drove the ditch past the truck and turned up onto the road.   He took the other ditch.

My friend was surprised at my great driving till I cussed him out for not telling me to lock both pedals together.  I only hit one and went into the ditch!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 8/13/2022 at 6:48 AM, pipedreams said:

0b99ca67b8dbe20f.jpg

If you haven't raised daughters you will never get over them picking some clothes from the two foot high pile on the floor and smelling them to see if they can wear it again..........  I had three daughters and three sisters.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ChuteTheMall said:

Yeah, I like front brakes and fenders

This was a Grand National Dirt track race bike.  At the time the series was dominated by Harley.  Riding the TZ, which was a ground up built pure road racing bike that dominated the AMA road race circuit, especially Daytona for many years.  Yamaha had the idea of trying to shoe horn the TZ engine into a dirt track frame.  iirc it only competed in one race, the Indy Mile for one year.  Kenny was a champion dirt track and Moto GP racer.  

• Like 2