Random Posting

Eric

4 hours ago, DAKA said:

I'm not a great firearms "teacher", but I have shown a few people who had an interest in shooting how to "shoot"

First thing that too many "instructors" (using the term lightly) do not start at home with an easy handgun...say a 22 revolver or even an easy to handle semi

and go over the basics of handling. pointing, trigger feel, loading and checking etc, before going to the range....also I ALWAYS start with a 22...and stand behind the person for all the time they are shooting.

Too many times I have seen some YAHOO think it's funny to hand a 45 or even a 9 mm to a new shooter.....It scares the piss out of them and they will likely quit right there   THIS IS NOT FUNNY

My standard new-shooter, first-time pistol was a Ruger Single 6.

Great for smaller hands and being single-action, no danger of accidental second-shots.

The only drawback was the crappy sight picture of an SAA.

:599c64bfb50b0_wavey1:

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, tous said:

My standard new-shooter, first-time pistol was a Ruger Single 6.

Great for smaller hands and being single-action, no danger of accidental second-shots.

The only drawback was the crappy sight picture of an SAA.

:599c64bfb50b0_wavey1:

That was my first handgun, and the first gun I bought for myself during the Nixon administration. Great sights on my New Model Super Single Six Convertible.

It's important to carefully instruct the newbie how to uncock it, controlling the hammer while lowering it by  pulling the trigger and pointing it in a safe direction. It's easy but not intuitive.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Schmidt Meister said:

Where is that at?

Close to Moab, Utah. Beautiful country but I love how it is listed as Riverfront property. Water is so scarce here they say a man can be shot for walking toward a river with an empty bucket. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Batesmotel said:

Close to Moab, Utah. Beautiful country but I love how it is listed as Riverfront property. Water is so scarce here they say a man can be shot for walking toward a river with an empty bucket. 

We love Moab. Hell, we love UT. When I had my Jeep, we went out there twice and I drove all the trails I could that weren't too challenging. I'm not rich as some of those people that can buy a Jeep and flip it over by trying to drive the Devil's Crack. We enjoy ourselves every time we visit out there. I would love to live in that area. We've been out there a couple of times since we traded the Jeep and I haven't driven the Ram on as many back trails.

• Like 2