Random Posting

Eric

3 hours ago, ChuteTheMall said:

Forehead Face Eye Facial expression Ecoregion

The news does the same thing here. Especially in winter. They show graphics and photos of the frozen hell that is on the way. The same snow and cold we get every year.

Hell our license plates say Greatest Snow On Earth. We PLAY in it. But they make out like it is something we have never seen before and it will kill us all. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Batesmotel said:

The news does the same thing here. Especially in winter. They show graphics and photos of the frozen hell that is on the way. The same snow and cold we get every year.

Hell our license plates say Greatest Snow On Earth. We PLAY in it. But they make out like it is something we have never seen before and it will kill us all. 

Yes!  Every year it's the same crap!  Oh God no!  Snow and cold we are all going to die......

I'm old so I remember all the Winters that were far worse than what's predicted.  It's pathetic what they will do to hype up a simple snow storm and cold.

I had a trip to Texas one Winter and I have never had to drive on wet ice that was many inches thick before.  We have Ice, but it's no more than an inch usually,  usually cold here and the traction being less than a dry road is still better than the Southern Wet Ice.  I hate Southern wet ice!

I got into Albuquerque just on the tale of an big ice storm one night.  After I brought the car back to the rental place they asked me how bad the driving on Ice was for a guy from Minnesota.  I told them it's wasn't that bad.  It's just that in Minnesota we know something apparently that was unknown to people in Albuquerque.  They asked what that was.  I told them that you can't BRAKE ON the ice!!!!   They had no idea what I was talking about.

I had never seen a dry road with scattered patches of 2 inch thick ice but no snow!

So, all in all, I believe that with the colder temperatures in Minnesota, its far easier to drive on ice and snow up here in our colder temperatures than down South!

• Like 2