Random Posting

Eric

15 hours ago, pipedreams said:

0a46cce49e4429f4.jpeg

I know it's a meme and just a joke BUT ...

Not quite. Barbara Millicent Roberts "Barbie" was 'born' on March 9th, 1959. She will be 63 on her next birthday.
Invented by Ruth Handler (whose husband Elliot was co-founder of the Mattel Toy Company.

UPDATE: The only reason I knew all this was because at a young age it blew my mind that she was older than me by about a year. I grew up without any sisters and never saw one until the first time I spent the night with a friend of mine who had a sister and the inevitable Barbie.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Schmidt Meister said:

I know it's a meme and just a joke BUT ...

Not quite. Barbara Millicent Roberts "Barbie" was born on March 9th, 1959. She will be 63 on her next birthday.
Invented by Ruth Handler (whose husband Elliot was co-founder of the Mattel Toy Company.

UPDATE: The only reason I knew all this was because at a young age it blew my mind that she was older than me by about a year. I grew up without any sisters and never saw one until the first time I spent the night with a friend of mine who had a sister and the inevitable Barbie.

Thanks, and wonder what Ken looks like after all these years.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/2/2021 at 6:23 AM, pipedreams said:

4f7618967e83e03b.webp

A fellow Engineer from the Research Department quit his job and went to another Research Lab to work on High Vacuum Epitaxy Systems for Semiconductor development. We had worked together for years.

He walked into the lab and watched another new Engineer working on a project.  The fellow was soldering some parts and flicked the excess solder onto the floor, kind of an automatic response.

He walked up to the new fellow and asked his name.  The new fellow shook his hand as they introduced themselves.  The new fellow responded with his name.  The Fellow Engineer smiled and said he thought so!  

It turned out that the new Engineer was my son, and he had the same bad habits as I do.  The Fellow engineer was surprised when my son said he knew him from all the stories I had told my son about him.

A few weeks later I was hired to consult on an electron beam gun design, with my son as the Project Engineer and my fellow Engineer as the Project Manager.

I got to work with two people I hold in very high regard and consider my friends.  I was so proud of my son.

• Like 4

Wife and I were visiting our favorite waitress at a Denny's yesterday.  We joke and kid a lot with many innuendos involved.

When we walked in for coffee, the waitress quickly asked me about the previous visit when I was pissed at my wife over something (which according to her, it was trivial).

I loudly told the waitress that after we burned off our anger in her presence, we went home and solved the problem with passionate bout of sex.

I told her that I was such a stud and pleased my wife so much, that she faked three orgasms instead of her usual one.

The place was in an uproar!  (The waitress gave us each a free Banana Split for making her day better.  No, it's not on the menu)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, ChuteTheMall said:

5wk2um.jpg

Columbia University has a famous journalism school.   Mostly because it's in New York and associated with the Times.

Anyway...they have a monthly publication on journalism that includes an entire page of poorly worded headlines like this.

It's a riot.

• Thanks 1