Random Posting

Eric

The Medicare Benefit Enrollment period ends on 7 December.

So, do you  figure that the Japanese bombed Peal Harbor on that day in 1941 to make the endless, annoying commercials with Joe Namath, William Shatner and  Jimmy Walker stop?

:cowboy2:

:dancingteddy:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Biff said:

You won’t ever forget it either, she will beat your brains out with the mop.🤯

I have never gotten my wife an appliance or article associated with work of any kind.  I give her jewelry/lingerie/clothes/pretty things she looks at in stores.  She says she is afraid to "like" something for fear that I will buy it for her.  We are not talking a lot of money here.

I believe that a present must be something that another really would like.  You have to think of the other person and their likes and dislikes.  Then you have to consider something that they could or would not buy for themselves because of price or practicality.

You must never buy something that YOU like - the gift is not for you!

If you listen to others, you know what they are interested in.  Listening is also a means to let others know you care about them.  Some people I just don't care about.

I buy things for my family members that I believe they want.  If I don't really know what interests them I give them money - the means to buy what they really want.  I do not do this as a habit.

One last thing:  I do not give presents when the calendar or custom demands it.  I give presents frequently and when they are least expected.  I enjoy the look of surprise and joy of a person getting something they want but don't need.

I have done this often in thrift stores, when someone selects more than they can afford and I'm near them in line.  I have the cashier give me their bill.

It is not unusual for a young person to cry and hug me.  I feel bad that they are crying, but good that something they wanted or needed was theirs.

Don't get the idea I'm preaching or that I'm a pushover.  I just believe in some things very strongly.  Like self-preservation!

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, ChuteTheMall said:

5w3zhl.jpg

I have a glimmer of a memory so long ago that I can't place the time or occasion.  But!  I was being pushed and pressured by many relatives to kiss goodbye to a dead person in an open casket in the hall of a private home.

I remember having a complete meltdown, tantrum, and hysterics, at the idea.  I didn't! 

I never would.  With the exception of the possibility of it being my wife.  She is my life's exception.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1