Random Posting

Eric

1 hour ago, Schmidt Meister said:

I have looked all over the internet to try and find cases of C-Rats but the only thing I can find are single meals that some freak thinks are worth 10.00 on eBay. If anyone ever sees a source for these things, PLEASE get in touch with me. Or authentic military LRRP's. 

C-Rations.jpg

Sorry Bro...

C Rations were discontinued in 1958. The new meals issued to soldiers in the field would be he MCI which stands for Meal, Combat, Individual ration. But nothing really changed. ... Since 1981, The United States Army has issued soldiers MREs, which are Meal Ready to Eat.

I personally have a mess of MRE's and a couple "Tubs" of 25 year food.  I was fartin around one day, movin **** around and she says "So...what in those Tubs?  Any Meat in there?"  We opened one up to check it out...Cool food.  Meat 0.  she said, "****, there's nothin but Carbs here!! I'll take care of this..."  A week later, I got all sorts of Packaged Meat!!!  I think it's 15 years life.  73 + 15.  Yup that will sure as **** work.:anim_lol:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Swampfox762 said:

What he said...since 1969...

The Original "Multi Tool".

The guy who invented that tool should have gotten stupid rich off it.

That thing just works.   I can't tell you how many cans of coffee I've opened with that thing.  Or packing tape on boxes.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, pipedreams said:

Talk about bad, how about ham and lima beans.  Some wasn't that bad if you could heat it up.

100% percent agree with you on the ham. No one seemed to like the beef and potatoes and I could trade for them easily. They were awesome heated. All it took was a 3rd of a heat tab and you could have a great meal, especially if you could get your hands on some hot sauce or Worcestershire sauce. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Swampfox762 said:

Sorry Bro...

C Rations were discontinued in 1958. The new meals issued to soldiers in the field would be he MCI which stands for Meal, Combat, Individual ration. But nothing really changed. ... Since 1981, The United States Army has issued soldiers MREs, which are Meal Ready to Eat.

I personally have a mess of MRE's and a couple "Tubs" of 25 year food.  I was fartin around one day, movin **** around and she says "So...what in those Tubs?  Any Meat in there?"  We opened one up to check it out...Cool food.  Meat 0.  she said, "****, there's nothin but Carbs here!! I'll take care of this..."  A week later, I got all sorts of Packaged Meat!!!  I think it's 15 years life.  73 + 15.  Yup that will sure as **** work.:anim_lol:

You can still find C-rats out there, which is kind of scary since most of them were manufactured in the 40's, early 50's. The MCI, was just an updated version of the C-ration without cigarettes, were better than the MRE's and LRRP's in my opinion. Everyone I knew in the military still called them C-rats, since the definition* was the same. I never liked MRE's, I never ate one that I could say I enjoyed and found LRRP's to be a passable substitute but I never really liked that many of them and you had to have access to really hot water for them to be edible. Hot water isn't always that easy to get in the field.

*The C-Ration, or Type C ration, was an individual canned, pre-cooked, and prepared wet ration. It was intended to be issued to U.S. military land forces when fresh food (A-ration) or packaged unprepared food (B-Ration) prepared in mess halls or field kitchens was impractical or not available, and when a survival ration (K-ration or D-ration) was insufficient. The C ration was replaced in 1958 with the Meal Combat Individual (MCI). Although officially a new ration, the MCI was derived from and very similar to the original C ration, and in fact continued to be called "C rations" by American troops throughout its production life as a combat ration (1958–1980) - Military Wiki

• Like 1

I have had a P-38 on my key rings since 1980. (I actually have one of the larger ones also, now. We called them B-52's, since they were ... larger, lol) I have 5 or 6 in my desk drawer right now out of a pack of 20 that I ordered some years ago. I give them to friends and family. Some people who never served have no idea how to use them until given an 'explanation, demonstration and a practical application' ... you should remember that saying from Basic.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Schmidt Meister said:

I have had a P-38 on my key rings since 1980. (I actually have one of the larger ones also, now. We called them B-52's, since they were ... larger, lol) I have 5 or 6 in my desk drawer right now out of a pack of 20 that I ordered some years ago. I give them to friends and family. Some people who never served have no idea how to use them until given an 'explanation, demonstration and a practical application' ... you should remember that saying from Basic.

I have to original and somewhere over the years acquired one of the larger ones.

• Like 2