Random Posting

Eric

4 hours ago, Swampfox762 said:

pan-american%2Bhwy.JPG

So this isn't exactly true.

First of all, it isn't "driveable" unless you have an all terrain vehicle for the 70 mile gap in the middle of it. (they call it a "motorable road" as opposed to driveable)

Second of all, the earth's circumference is about 24k miles, so according to the above it's a longer drive to go from near the north pole down to near the south pole (and yes, it isn't a straight line, but it's still not working out for the math)

What I found when looking up the Pan American Highway is it's about 19k miles in length.  

6 minutes ago, Cougar_ml said:

First of all, it isn't "driveable" unless you have an all terrain vehicle for the 70 mile gap in the middle of it. (they call it a "motorable road" as opposed to driveable)

Second of all, the earth's circumference is about 24k miles, so according to the above it's a longer drive to go from near the north pole down to near the south pole (and yes, it isn't a straight line, but it's still not working out for the math)

What I found when looking up the Pan American Highway is it's about 19k miles in length.  

But, but....

‘it’s a good meme

On 4/12/2021 at 9:39 PM, Historian said:

I have another computer next to me.  The HR drone is telling me how to fill out the 8th type of yearly eval. system we've used in my 18 years here.

Computer Rage GIF - Computer Rage Slam - Discover & Share GIFs

Government.  It has eaten my soul.  May it choke.

One time in my "career",  Everyone in the company had to participate in an HR explanation of the "new personnel evaluation system".

after listening to an hour of BS and Trimmings, with about 200 other persons, I stood up and asked what was wrong with the "old system".

The HR "leader" asked me what "The old system" was?

I said, "if you did your job, you got annual raises.  If you didn't do your job, you got fired!"  I said, "I liked that system!"

I got an ovation!  And another hour of explanations.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Cougar_ml said:

I thought you could drive from Scotland to Vladivostok or southern Vietnam. Figured it might be farther.

Edited by MO Fugga

15 minutes ago, MO Fugga said:

I thought you could drive from Scotland to Vladivostok or southern Vietnam. Figured it might be farther.

I don't think that works as Scotland is kind of an Island, isn't it?

Surprisingly enough, the second longest continuous road in the world is in Australia at 9,000 miles, and the third is the Trans Siberian Highway in Asia.

https://www.dangerousroads.org/around-the-world/our-lists/4837-longest-roads-in-the-world.html

Rank Name Country Length (km)
1 Pan American Highway  Several

2 Highway 1  Australia  14,500
3 Trans-Siberian Highway Several 11,000
4 WE-WC Highway Several 8,445
5 Trans-Canada Highway Canada 7,821
6 Golden Quadrilateral Hway India 5,846
7 China National Hway 010 China 5,700
8 US Route 20 USA  5,415
9 US Route 6  USA  5,158
10 Interstate 90 (I-90) USA 4,860
11 Interstate 80 (I-80) USA 4,666

(WE-WC is Western Europe-Western China)

I think I see where the original meme got it's numbers.  Someone put the 30km in as 30k miles.  Stupid metric system.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Cougar_ml said:

I don't think that works as Scotland is kind of an Island, isn't it?

Surprisingly enough, the second longest continuous road in the world is in Australia at 9,000 miles, and the third is the Trans Siberian Highway in Asia.

https://www.dangerousroads.org/around-the-world/our-lists/4837-longest-roads-in-the-world.html

Rank Name Country Length (km)
1 Pan American Highway  Several

2 Highway 1  Australia  14,500
3 Trans-Siberian Highway Several 11,000
4 WE-WC Highway Several 8,445
5 Trans-Canada Highway Canada 7,821
6 Golden Quadrilateral Hway India 5,846
7 China National Hway 010 China 5,700
8 US Route 20 USA  5,415
9 US Route 6  USA  5,158
10 Interstate 90 (I-90) USA 4,860
11 Interstate 80 (I-80) USA 4,666

(WE-WC is Western Europe-Western China)

I think I see where the original meme got it's numbers.  Someone put the 30km in as 30k miles.  Stupid metric system.

I assumed one could drive from Scotland through Hadrian's Wall, then through England, through the Chunnel into France then all points East.

17 minutes ago, tous said:

One cannot drive a car through the Chunnel.

It's a railway tunnel.

:tease:

17 minutes ago, tous said:

One cannot drive a car through the Chunnel.

It's a railway tunnel.

:tease:

Whoops.... Lol. I feel like a dipshit. 

Edited by MO Fugga
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, MO Fugga said:

Whoops.... Lol. I feel like a dipshit. 

No need to feel that way, amigo.

I have oft wondered about some cross-over in the middle of the Chunnel to switch from drive-on-the-right to drive-on-the-left if automobiles used it.

:599c64bfb50b0_wavey1:

I have been on a train from France to England and back again and through the Chunnel a number of times.

Drive your automobile on at one end, drive it off at the other; but half of the time, the steering wheel is on the wrong side.

Edited by tous
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, tous said:

No need to feel that way, amigo.

I have oft wondered about some cross-over in the middle of the Chunnel to switch from drive-on-the-right to drive-on-the-left if automobiles used it.

:599c64bfb50b0_wavey1:

I have been on a train from France to England and back again and through the Chunnel a number of times.

Drive your automobile on at one end, drive it off at the other; but half of the time, the steering wheel is on the wrong side.

Is asking for a rolling drive on dyno mounted to a flatcar a legit workaround? Or should I let the airplane-onna-treadmill guys answer that? Trying to stay within the confines of uninterrupted travel.

Looks hopeless as ****.

Edited by MO Fugga
Context
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Hook said:

If you guys like shrimping and fishing checkout Kelly youngs youtube shes pretty awesome and pretty cute. I know its a long video but you guys are bored. So check her out.

Man! That was some clear water! I miss clear water.

• Like 2

• Eric changed the title to BookFace
  • Eric locked this topic
  • Eric pinned this topic
  • Eric unpinned and unlocked this topic