Beautiful Cars & Trucks

Eric

- 1959 Jaguar XK150 -                                                                                                                                                                                      

The XK150 is my favorite of the XK jags. It had a larger displacement higher horsepower engine with bigger valves, a better flowing cylinder head, 3 SU sidedraft carbs instead of just two, and it had a limited slip differential, 4 wheel disc brakes and telescopic shocks. It also had a one piece windshield, a wider "Bonnet" and a wider grille and the roadsters had roll up windows. It was the highest development of the original XK120 design.

1958_jaguar xk150.jpg

• Like 4

On 8/10/2022 at 9:07 AM, DAKA said:

Me too   Who remembers rebuilding a QUADRAJET CARBURETOR?  (Lots of little springs and parts that fly out when you open it)

I always laid a shop rag over the top when turning it over or opening it up.  Learned the hard way!

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, pipedreams said:

445234f89cb17264.png

I hated the hinged accelerator pedals.  They got dirt accumulated along with snow and ice and would stick.  I would have to clean all around them and oil the hinges to get them to work smoothly.

Winter and muddy were a bitch on the hinges.

• Thanks 1

I had no idea where to post this, so here it is.

Scott Birdsall set a new record in 2020 in the Exhibition Class for the fastest diesel-powered vehicle up Pikes Peak, with his Cummins-Powered 1949 F1, beating the diesel record set by a megabucks Mercedes-Benz factory team in 2016, with a time of 11:24.065.
Old Smokey Weighs 4,400 lbs. and it’s nose heavy with the engine, with turbos mounted and full of fluids, weighs 1,200 lbs.

“Smokey ran amazing until the start of Devil's Playground, when the engine coolant reached 250 degrees, putting the ECU into limp mode. This reduces power to under 300hp, and slowed my run considerably. Luckily, the times on the first 2/3 of the course were fast enough to secure the record. Had there truck not overheated, this would have been in the 10:40’s.” Scott Birdsall

Truck Camera:

There's also chopper footage, but it's only about the first half of the run:

• Like 2