Beautiful Cars & Trucks

Eric

Ricardo Montalban For Chrysler (1975)

How many of you remember this iconic advertisement? Our first introduction to rich, Corinthian leather, of which there was no such thing, lol. But we ran around saying it for months after the commercial came out, lol. One of my friends mom had one and it was handed down to him. It was a fairly nice ride but I wasn't impressed as much with it as Ricardo Montalban was. My friend put a larger motor in it when it stared having issues and I was impressed a little more. He kept that car in fine running and appearances style for quite a few years until he was t-boned by a little punk in a rotting Dodge truck. He wasn't hurt but the car was totaled.

• Like 2

1946 - Lincoln Continental Coupe V12

This V12 coupe is in excellent condition inside and out. This beauty has been pampered all its life and it shows. The car is extremely rare, as it is one of only 265 Continental coupes built in 1946. All correct with a 305ci and 3-speed with overdrive. It is essentially a hand-built luxury car and one of the most expensive domestic cars for the year. This has been a Southwest car for almost all its life. It was purchased by a collector in the 1980s, when it was put away in his collection of over 200 collector cars, never to be driven or see daylight until a short time ago. The beautiful interior is the correct red leather and gray whipcord material. There was recently thousands spent on the car mechanically to make it run and drive well again after its many years of storage.

1946 - Lincoln Continental Coupe V12 - 1.jpg

1946 - Lincoln Continental Coupe V12 - 2.jpg

• Like 5

18 hours ago, Schmidt Meister said:

1946 - Lincoln Continental Coupe V12

This V12 coupe is in excellent condition inside and out. This beauty has been pampered all its life and it shows. The car is extremely rare, as it is one of only 265 Continental coupes built in 1946. All correct with a 305ci and 3-speed with overdrive. It is essentially a hand-built luxury car and one of the most expensive domestic cars for the year. This has been a Southwest car for almost all its life. It was purchased by a collector in the 1980s, when it was put away in his collection of over 200 collector cars, never to be driven or see daylight until a short time ago. The beautiful interior is the correct red leather and gray whipcord material. There was recently thousands spent on the car mechanically to make it run and drive well again after its many years of storage.

1946 - Lincoln Continental Coupe V12 - 1.jpg

1946 - Lincoln Continental Coupe V12 - 2.jpg

I imagine the Clive Cussler / Dirk Pitt collection resembles these pictures… large aircraft hanger, classic airplanes, classic cars, maybe even a railroad car or two.

This automobile wasn’t from that collection… was it?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

I imagine the Clive Cussler / Dirk Pitt collection resembles these pictures… large aircraft hanger, classic airplanes, classic cars, maybe even a railroad car or two.

This automobile wasn’t from that collection… was it?

I don't know, dude. Beyond the info I found, all I know is it was sold at a Barrett-Jackson auction and you have to be registered to see prices or to bid and I'm not registered. Sorry.

1937 Fred Warren’s Boyd Smoothster Street Rod - Awarded America’s Most Beautiful Roadster - 1995 - Expected to sell for $500,000/600,000

• The famous Street Rod known as the 'Boyd Smoothster'
  • Designed by Larry Erickson
  • Awarded America's Most Beautiful Roadster at the 1995 Grand National Roadster Show
  • Chevrolet LT1 fuel injected engine
  • 700R transmission
  • Hand fabricated 1937 'Smoothster' body made in aluminum with steel fenders and running boards by Craig Naff
  • Leather interior by Jim Griffin
  • Stereo system by Orion
  • Handmade aluminum lift off top with Harts cloth cover fabricated by Marcel's Fabrication
  • Custom chassis featuring Corvette front and rear suspension with Air Ride
  • 17 and 20 inch wheels by Boyd designed by John Butter

1937 Fred Warren’s Boyd Smoothster Street Rod - Awarded America’s Most Beautiful Roadster - 1995 - 1.png

1937 Fred Warren’s Boyd Smoothster Street Rod - Awarded America’s Most Beautiful Roadster - 1995 - 2.png

• Like 2

19 hours ago, railfancwb said:

Dodge Rampage from early/mid 1980s. Relatively limited number manufactured. Continues to await a rescuer. 

5129D3A8-DA6A-4F29-A70C-5B21F0DA5F64.jpeg

My first new car, a 1982.  Saw it on the cover of Car & Driver and fell for it. I couldn't tell an El Camino from an Omni and thought it was a truck. Never had a Dodge before either. Under $10K new, kinda fun econobox.

6h0o3l.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1