Beautiful Cars & Trucks

Eric

5 hours ago, pipedreams said:

1972 Chevy Shortbeds Are Hard To Find These Days!

ddbb2d3728f34c31.png

I really like the old single cab trucks  especially the short beds and especially the "stepside" ones with the separate fenders. I like the greater maneuverability of a short wheelbase vehicle and being able to turn around on a narrow street.

I don't know how people drive these modern 4 door trucks especially with an 8 foot bed. --And those trucks are UGLY! I've owned a few single cab trucks with the long bed and had no problem with those. Then I got shortbed Ford Ranger with a six foot bed and it was surprisingly useful for a little truck. After that I got a newer Mazda with the same engine and trans as the Ranger and it had the extended cab with a short bed and the extended cab was nice for locking up luggage and valuables on a road trip.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Borg warner said:

I really like the old single cab trucks  especially the short beds and especially the "stepside" ones with the separate fenders. I like the greater maneuverability of a short wheelbase vehicle and being able to turn around on a narrow street.

I don't know how people drive these modern 4 door trucks especially with an 8 foot bed. --And those trucks are UGLY! I've owned a few single cab trucks with the long bed and had no problem with those. Then I got shortbed Ford Ranger with a six foot bed and it was surprisingly useful for a little truck. After that I got a newer Mazda with the same engine and trans as the Ranger and it had the extended cab with a short bed and the extended cab was nice for locking up luggage and valuables on a road trip.

I have a modern F-150 with four standard doors, six foot bed, and 4x4. Driving it around town I sometimes feel as though I’m dressed in heavy coat and other winter clothes trying to delicately get to the o’dourves and cash bar at a crowded reception. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, railfancwb said:

I have a modern F-150 with four standard doors, six foot bed, and 4x4. Driving it around town I sometimes feel as though I’m dressed in heavy coat and other winter clothes trying to delicately get to the o’dourves and cash bar at a crowded reception. 

The 4 door truck has become the modern day family station wagon. I shudder to think of women drivers trying to parallel park one.

cartoonapark3.jpg

• Haha 3

1960 Dodge Power Wagon Fire Truck Conversion

This 1960 Dodge powerhouse was an exclusive conglomeration between Dodge and American LaFrance. Produced for two years 1959 and 1960. This custom ordered firetruck is known as a “Little Mo”. Recently converted to a truck, painted, and rewired with new Autometer gauges. The carburetor was replaced to deliver fuel to the torque producing 318 cu in. engine under the hood. Equipped with freshly rebuilt front and rear axles turned by 4.10 gears and new warn locking hubs. All original drivetrain and manual transmission. 

1960 Dodge Power Wagon - 1.jpg

1960 Dodge Power Wagon - 2.jpg

1960 Dodge Power Wagon - 3.jpg

• Like 6

Not stock since he mentioned Weber carburetors.

And he didn't mention that he removed the battery because 914 battery trays had habit of rusting into collapse.

I would have another one in a heart beat.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, tous said:

Not stock since he mentioned Weber carburetors.

And he didn't mention that he removed the battery because 914 battery trays had habit of rusting into collapse.

I would have another one in a heart beat.

Yeah....check the prices $$$$

• Like 1