Beautiful Cars & Trucks

Eric

On 5/10/2022 at 3:21 PM, pipedreams said:

Chevrolet Bel Air

4dd7f28fbc6ea32d.jpg

2 years ago we had a tour in Cuba in one of those, the only part that was "original" (sort of) was the body...it had a 4 cylinder engine of some kind and the 3 speed trans was a floor mount  

The Cubans are ingenious at keeping these cars running..a Cadillac convertible with a Diesel engine....

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DAKA said:

2 years ago we had a tour in Cuba in one of those, the only part that was "original" (sort of) was the body...it had a 4 cylinder engine of some kind and the 3 speed trans was a floor mount  

The Cubans are ingenious at keeping these cars running..a Cadillac convertible with a Diesel engine....

Been suggested that restoration of full normal relations between USA and Cuba would creat great whooshing sounds as many of the old trains and motor vehicles were bought and shipped to the states, while the newly enriched Cubans were buying modern motor vehicles. I’m not convinced very many old motor vehicles would be bought and shipped to the states. 

10 hours ago, railfancwb said:

Been suggested that restoration of full normal relations between USA and Cuba would creat great whooshing sounds as many of the old trains and motor vehicles were bought and shipped to the states, while the newly enriched Cubans were buying modern motor vehicles. I’m not convinced very many old motor vehicles would be bought and shipped to the states. 

Just the body parts might be useful....The interiors were "bastardized" the dashboards were a mix of all kinds of gauges  Many handmade grilles ...etc.

I saw what appeared to me a 60's Dodge convertible that was a 4 door......not anything made in Detroit I don't think

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DAKA said:

Just the body parts might be useful....The interiors were "bastardized" the dashboards were a mix of all kinds of gauges  Many handmade grilles ...etc.

I saw what appeared to me a 60's Dodge convertible that was a 4 door......not anything made in Detroit I don't think

Suspect by now many Cubans would say “Got along without you before I met you, gonna get along without you now” to those who want to liberate the old cars. 

1971 Oldsmobile Hurst-equipped, 455ci Ram Air 442 W30.

Matching numbers W30 engine package, 455cid engine, transmission and rear end. The W30 option featured numerous enhancements, including a balanced and blueprinted version of the 455 using a higher-performance cam, special Quadrajet carb and high-flow dual exhaust. A twin-scoop forced-induction fiberglass hood was sealed to the vacuum-operated air cleaner to optimize breathing. Underneath, the W30 was outfitted with plastic fender liners, FE-2 suspension and posi-traction differential. Of the 1,304 442 convertibles built in 1971, only 110 were W30 convertibles. A complete rotisserie restoration has returned the car to factory-fresh state, including the blueprinted cold-air 455. Originally Lime Green and upgraded to dazzling GM yellow finish with black W30 striping that works very well with the bright red inner fenders and all-black interior and top. The interior was updated from green to black. This example is especially well-optioned and retains its documented born-with factory options: power steering, power brakes with front disc, power-operated top, power windows, tinted glass, custom sport mirrors, custom 4-spoke sport steering wheel, push-button radio with rear speaker, Super Stock I wheels, sport console with Hurst Dual Gate shifter, wood-grain inserts and Rally gauges. GM of Canada-documented.

1971 Oldsmobile 442 W30 Convertible - 1.jpg

1971 Oldsmobile 442 W30 Convertible - 2.jpg

1971 Oldsmobile 442 W30 Convertible - 3.jpg

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Schmidt Meister said:

1985 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS. When this style of Monte Carlo came out, you could drive up next to a girl and she would automatically transport into the car, rofl.

1985 Chevroet Monte Carlo SS.png

Not sure, does the logo under the headlight say GTPD (Get Them Panties Down)?

• Haha 3

30 minutes ago, Schmidt Meister said:

1985 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS. When this style of Monte Carlo came out, you could drive up next to a girl and she would automatically transport into the car, rofl.

1985 Chevroet Monte Carlo SS.png

3B616997-CA6D-4926-948E-C440073E036F.jpeg

BDBFAF0B-7947-4556-A526-AD46F7FD2092.jpeg

• Like 2