Beautiful Cars & Trucks

Eric

On 4/28/2022 at 4:58 PM, Schmidt Meister said:

1967 Chevrolet Corvette Sting Ray Sport Coupe - 427

1967 Chevrolet Corvette Sting Ray Sport Coupe - 427 - 1.jpg

1967 Chevrolet Corvette Sting Ray Sport Coupe - 427 - 2.jpg

1967 Chevrolet Corvette Sting Ray Sport Coupe - 427 - 3.jpg

1967 Chevrolet Corvette Sting Ray Sport Coupe - 427 - 4.jpg

Not the best color, but in my opinion, the best Vette. was the 67 427 Tri-power. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, pipedreams said:

1971 Hurst Grand Prix SSJ

9ca6cebfce59ab49.jpg

Thanks @pipedreams. I loved this one enough to do a search. Hope you don't mind. It's up for auction, at $17,000 right now, I think it was. It does have some rust. This 1971 Pontiac Grand Prix was ordered new through Valley Pontiac of Youngstown, Ohio, prior to being converted into a Hurst SSJ by Hurst Research in Roseville, Michigan. The car is finished in Cameo Ivory and Hurst Fire Frost Gold over an Ivory vinyl interior and powered by a 400ci V8 linked with a three-speed automatic transmission. Equipment includes a white vinyl landau top, a sunroof, a hood-mounted tachometer, air conditioning, a push-button AM/FM radio, an 8-track player, gold-finished 15″ Hurst Dazzler wheels and Hurst SSJ badging. This Hurst SSJ is now offered with a factory build sheet, manufacturer’s literature, Pontiac Historical Services documentation, accessories, the removed factory 14″ Rallye II wheels, and Maine registration in the name of the seller and their spouse. The five-digit odometer shows 89k miles.  Noted flaws are shown in the gallery and include chipped and bubbling paint.

1971 Pontiac Grand Prix Hurst SSJ - 1.png

1971 Pontiac Grand Prix Hurst SSJ - 2.png

1971 Pontiac Grand Prix Hurst SSJ - 3.png

1971 Pontiac Grand Prix Hurst SSJ - 4.png

1971 Pontiac Grand Prix Hurst SSJ - 5.png

• Like 1

On 5/9/2022 at 12:48 AM, jmohme said:

Not the best color, but in my opinion, the best Vette. was the 67 427 Tri-power. 

STINGRAY 63 to 67.....CLASSIC   The only Corvette I would own     well, maybe a C8

• Like 2

15 hours ago, DAKA said:

STINGRAY 63 to 67.....CLASSIC   The only Corvette I would own     well, maybe a C8

Agreed!

The 67 427 tri-power still tops the list though. My neighbor when I was younger had one and I am not at the least ashamed to admit that I got a bit arroused every time the hood was open and I saw that triangular air cleaner.  

040820_3b.jpg

You can have your C8. The 63-67 are admittedly not at the same level of performance, but they outclass any new Vette by light years!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, pipedreams said:

Nice 52 Ford!

143ef5b558fe3c80.jpg

I wish I had a picture, but I do not.

Back in the late 70s, my uncle had a body shop. He found a beat up old 53 ford pickup. Painted it black with hot rod yellow pin stripes. Crome V8 grill and chrome wheels with chrome baby moon caps. But what really topped it off where the varnished oak running boards and oak inlays on the beds flat panels around the rear fenders

And yes it did have a V8 under the hood. A later model 302 that was a very tight fit in that narrow engine compartment.

• Like 2