Beautiful Cars & Trucks

Eric

On 4/18/2022 at 3:37 PM, pipedreams said:

69 Plymouth Roadrunner R440

ed574533cdb114ad.jpg

Saw an unusual Road Runner up on a rack at the Pure Oil station while going by.  I stopped and the apparent owner was watching them change the oil.  I asked him what it had for features and he said, 4 wheel disc brakes, 440, Automatic.   My first sight of an American car with 4 wheel discs.    I asked him if people baited him to drag with them.

He laughed and said quite a lot.  One time he said that at a light, a corvette pulled up along side and started revving the engine and jumping a little to get him to go.  He said he cleared the intersection before the Vette.

He said he quit dragging in town since he didn't have to prove a damn thing to anyone.  I wish I had a chance on that vehicle!

My BIL and I picked up a new 68 Road Runner with a 383 and auto, from the insurance company ( did a lot of this) and had it back on the road.  My BIL was a block from my house and he tried to wind it up in Drive then go to neutral to hear the exhaust.

Well, he wound it up pretty tight and slammed it into neutral but missed and hit Reverse at full power.  There was a terrific BANG! and all the lights came on on the dash.  Bunch of RED lights.  It was so quiet you could damned near hear his heartbeat .

I looked at him - He looked at me and we both shrugged our shoulders and he hit start.  Damned thing started and ran fine.  We never could find anything wrong with it......  Tough transmission!!!!!!

• Like 3

These V6 powered cars would have been better if they had a turbocharged V6 in them like the Buick Grand National.  Curb weight was 2800 lbs and a Buick GNX weighed 3285 lbs. This car was not a prototype. It was in full production from 1997 -2002 but only 11,702 were ever sold. They would have sold a lot more if they had made it into a real hot rod instead of a wannabe hot rod look-alike. The Chrysler V6 was 3.8 liters (231 cubic inches) same as the Buick and ws dimensionally similar and weighed about the same.

car plymouth-prowler-1300.jpg

• Like 3