Favourite Rimfire Rifle?

Andyd

I love Anschutz sporters built on the 54 action; the same action that their trophy-winning match rifles are being built on. That action was developped after WWII by Gehmann out of the reduced Mauser action, as was used in the DSM, the Deutsches Sportmodell.

I particularly like the Mannlicher stocked rifles, known as Stutzen in Europe. My favourite is an old Anschutz 1423.

What is your favourite rimfire rifle?

1423 (6).jpg

Edited by Andyd
like always, typo
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Andyd said:

I love Anschutz sporters built on the 54 action; the same action that their trophy-winning match rifles are being built on. That action was developped after WWII by Gehmann out of the reduced Mauser action, as was used in the DSM, the Deutsches Sportmodell.

I particularly like the Mannlicher stocked rifles, known as Stutzen in Europe. My favourite is an old Anschutz 1423.

What is your favourite rimfire rifle?

1423 (6).jpg

That is just a beautiful rifle.

• Like 1

Anschutz M1517 that I inherited when my grandfather passed in 2010. In 2002, when the .17HMR made its debut, he had to have one, which is saying something for a guy who hasn’t bought a “new” gun since the late-1970s. He put a Leopold on it and a QD Harris bipod, fired it about 10 times, asked me if I’d clean it then told me to “hang onto it.” 

Gun is an absolute tack-driver and my favorite rimfire. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Faulkner said:

My favorite .22 rifle changes pretty often, its more like my favorite flavor of the month.   But in the long run, I keep coming back to my Browning BL-22 

174973619.jpg

The action is smooth. Miroku made them very well and in Germany the Miroku rimfires and shotguns were distributed by Anschütz, Ulm for some time and branded accordingly.

I like my old JC Higgins bolt action, 8 round detachable single stack magazine.  Sold by Sears, made by Marlin, I got it new in '59.

I do like my Henry Pump 22LR, and Deluxe Lever 22 Magnum and various 10-22's, finally a Henry AR-7.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pandaz3 said:

I like my old JC Higgins bolt action, 8 round detachable single stack magazine.  Sold by Sears, made by Marlin, I got it new in '59.

I have an old JC Higgins, also. It has a broken extractor like the one in the following video. I need to get it fixed.

• Like 1

On 6/30/2018 at 7:45 PM, gwalchmai said:

I have a CZ 452 Lux that I'm partial to. It's like a mini-Mauser. If I were buying a new one I'd probably get a 455 American.

I always wanted one of these, but the stars never aligned.

wm_11079503.thumb.jpg.5faf89e3b3e258ccee975462d5cf29a2.jpg

I have my grandfather’s ~1955 Belgian made Browning .22 takedown.  It’s incredibly beautiful, sleek, and well balanced. Never been very reliable. 

My favorite shooter, and the rifle I plan on using to teach my little boy to shoot is my Savage MKII heavy barrel. It’s a real tack driver with the right ammo. 

• Like 2