It's Caturday!!!

Cubdriver

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 9/24/2018 at 12:31 PM, dudel said:

Nick again.  He's part Maine Coon, and gets really fluffy during the summer; which is to say the house gets really fluffy during the summer.  I clean out the whole house vac, and find what appears to be a litter of kittens living in the bin.  Nope it's just Nick fur.  He kind of likes to strut his shaved stuff.

20170620_174819.jpg

You really did a great thing taking in a feral cat and spending all the time with him.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

It'll be three years come Halloween that I've had Ghost, the former feral I took in.  I've gotten to where I can pet her about 95% of the time if I approach slowly, and she almost comes to me.  I don't she'll ever be a lap cat, but she's finally coming around it seems.

Somebody must have beaten her - the vet estimated she was about two when she joined the clowder here, and she has always been very cringey when approached.  Much better now, but still rather timid.  She will look at me like she wants to approach, but just can't quite do it, at least all the way.  She'll squirm about happily purring away when I pet her, and even rolls over for belly rubs, but I still need to go to her, and slowly.

2018021800320699-IMG_6150-X2.jpg

2018021800320699-IMG_6148-X2.jpg

2018083023120575-IMG_7007-X2.jpg

-Pat

Edited by Cubdriver
Autocorrect induced typo.
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Cubdriver said:

It wI'll be three years come Halloween that I've had Ghost, the former feral I took in.  I've gotten to where I can pet her about 95% of the time if I approach slowly, and she almost comes to me.  I don't she'll ever be a lap cat, but she's finally coming around it seems.

Somebody must have beaten her - the vet estimated she was about two when she joined the clowder here, and she has always been very cringey when approached.  Much better now, but still rather timid.  She will look at me like she wants to approach, but just can't quite do it, at least all the way.  She'll squirm about happily purring away when I pet her, and even rolls over for belly rubs, but I still need to go to her, and slowly.

2018021800320699-IMG_6150-X2.jpg

2018021800320699-IMG_6148-X2.jpg

2018083023120575-IMG_7007-X2.jpg

-Pat

Ya done real good.  Ghost knows she's hit the big Lotto!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

T Kitty loved to take naps with Mrs. N. 

Mrs. N and I were driving around in our Jeep Wrangler at dusk one evening.  As we approached a rural intersection, I passed something in the road.  I heard it crying.  We turned around and picked up the kitten.  We named him Taylor because we found him very close to Taylor University. 

He lived with us almost 10 years. 

039.JPG

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...