USS JOHN FINN (DDG-113) Commanding Officer Fired

Gunboat1

I guess that's how it's supposed to work, but it seems odd that she was promoted up through the ranks with increasing responsibility only to hit a wall. As mentioned, it must have been big to counter her other two obvious qualifications. I wonder if strawberries were involved.

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

Another Commander relieved. It looks like the Navy is getting ready for war, and relieving anyone they think can't handle the coming fight. That's 4 Commanders relieved in the last 4-6 weeks or so. A PLN DDG cut-off a US Navy DDG a few days ago in international waters, a second provocative measure in the last few weeks.

Navy fires destroyer USS Stout commander - Task & Purpose (taskandpurpose.com)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, M&P15T said:

Another Commander relieved. It looks like the Navy is getting ready for war, and relieving anyone they think can't handle the coming fight. That's 4 Commanders relieved in the last 4-6 weeks or so. A PLN DDG cut-off a US Navy DDG a few days ago in international waters, a second provocative measure in the last few weeks.

Navy fires destroyer USS Stout commander - Task & Purpose (taskandpurpose.com)

Reckon they will go so far in war preparations to trash the entire wokeness in favor of actual training and practice for war? Our last real naval war ended some 80 years ago so none have lived experience in such. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

Reckon they will go so far in war preparations to trash the entire wokeness in favor of actual training and practice for war? Our last real naval war ended some 80 years ago so none have lived experience in such. 

Great point. I hope we don't find out. 

But I think some in the US and China want conflict, and I think it's going to be very one-sided against the PLN. Naval warfare looks to be almost completely tech vs tech; missiles, torpedoes and planes vs. missiles, torpedoes and planes.  

• Like 1