I'm Not Done Yet

About his reference to "snoring".

For a while I snored.  My wife complained about not being able to sleep and would elbow me to get me to stop.

I found a way to stop.

Much later - My wife started snoring in her sleep.  I would tell her about this in the morning and she would get angry with me and proclaim to all, I do not snore!  Women do not snore!

Being the loving husband I am, One night she was snoring up a storm and I picked up my Cell Phone and recorded it.

As you can guess.......... The next morning I said you were snoring!  We had the proverbial argument and she got quite mad at me 'cause I wouldn't let go and made her make some pretty bizarre comments about me lying and her not being able to snore, cause "women don't snore".

Then!  I played the recording for her.  She refused to talk with me for the whole day.  I didn't help my case 'cause I would start laughing and then hit the play button to hear her snoring at random times during the day.  I'm still surprised she never shot me in my sleep, although she did threaten to.

Don't get the idea that we are nasty to each other.  I love her to death and would do anything to make her happy, just as she does for me.  But, still, it's fun to pull her chain once in a while.

She waits for the proper moment in the restaurant and then calls me an ******* for my attitude.  Some people gasp so you can hear.  Then I laugh at her and sing her a love song.  We have a great time.

• Like 1

My husband snores as well, so I poke him in the arm and he rolls over and stops.

He claims I snore as well, and I must admit, I do.  A few times I've work myself up, snoring.  Sometimes he gets me to roll over, sometimes not.  

Like you two, we get along quite well, teasing each other on occasion.  There's not a thing in the world I wouldn't do for him, and vice versa.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Mrs Glockrunner said:

My husband snores as well, so I poke him in the arm and he rolls over and stops.

He claims I snore as well, and I must admit, I do.  A few times I've work myself up, snoring.  Sometimes he gets me to roll over, sometimes not.  

Like you two, we get along quite well, teasing each other on occasion.  There's not a thing in the world I wouldn't do for him, and vice versa.  

We had a Yorkshire Terrier called Sherlock.  Wife thought one day she would get another and call it Watson, but she learned that older dogs with attitudes don't mix well with puppies.  Anyway! One night I was woke up by something I couldn't identify.

Sherlock was 8 lbs. at that time and like a baby.  He slept in our bed with us and his favorite spot was curled around my wife's head on her pillow.  I woke up by a noise I couldn't identify.  As I listened and  it turned out it was Sherlock, very faint snoring. 

It was so cute I started laughing and woke my wife up.  We still talk of that night.  Sherlock came within a month or two of living 20 years.  I loved him like my children, as did my wife.

• Like 1