Have You Ever Felt Stupider...

Eric

• Administrators

For having watched something? I was just stuck at a slow light for almost five minutes and I spent that time watching this homeless guy trying to move a shopping cart full of crap over a curb, across a 3-foot grass median and down the other side. He was doing so as badly as I have ever seen anyone attempt such a maneuver. I thought it was even money whether he would make it up onto the median or end up crushed under the damned cart. I thought briefly about helping, but this guy looked thirty years younger than me, big and wild as all hell.

The really noteworthy thing about this escapade was the fact that the median was interrupted about twenty feet past the guy with a paved passage for wheel chairs and I am guessing, shopping carts. Jesus wept. I once saw a single ant carrying a peanut M&M that absolutely dwarfed him in size and weight. I once saw half a dozen ants carry a french fry about five inches long right up the side of a curb and into the grass and they did so more quickly than this guy was able to move his wheeled cart up onto the curb.

So, that was my Saturday afternoon. Whatchu got?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

• Administrators
Just now, geeorge said:

What no video?

Damn. It never occurred to me. I should have though. I could have set it to a BeeGees song, like that meth-head lady dancing. Missed opportunities.

• Like 4

Two years ago, I was working a horse show. I was set up in a little pavilion on the south end of the arena and on the berm next to the pavilion was one of those trailers with air conditioned restrooms. They had an extension cord for power, but not water supply so the toilets had to operate off of a fresh water holding tank. 

Midway through the second day the tank rand dry, so a facility guy rolls up with a water truck, opens the access door on the trailer and drug his water hose up the hill to fill the tank. Now these trucks do have pumps, but this guy was trying to gravity feed the water uphill and sat there for 30 minutes watch the water level not rise. At one point he even pulled the hose out and looked into the end.

Now a nice guy would have said something, but I was really enjoying the show about now, and the next thing I knew, he had rolled up the hose and left.

A few minutes later, here he comes again but this time he has a helper and they both try to gravity feed water uphill!

I was in between classes and the ring crew was getting ready for the tractor to come in and drag, so I finally headed over to these Einsteins, but the maintenance manager rolled up and turned on the PTO driven pump.

Sometimes you just have to sit back and enjoy the show that God provides you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

I worked.  For free.  Then I came home and napped.  I feel stupid for wasting my afternoon asleep, but I was so tired I wasn't really coherent enough to do anything productive anyway.  Every time I watch a video on Twitface I feel stupider, because my opinion of the entire human race just gets worse, or because I wasted the time watching it...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I watched a person trying to get two lines of accent lighting to work together off the same remote control.  Unfortunately each of the two lines were running off different circuits in the kitchen.  The single remote control plugged into the light string for one set only, and the other set was powered from the other outlet running off the other circuit.  I watched them trying to figure it out and offered to help but was told they were too busy...........

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I’m sitting here watching my dogs. Mostly just watching them sleep. They have always had a doggie door. They come in and out at will all day and night. They never learned how to scratch at the door or otherwise alert us that they need to go out.

The new fence won’t be installed until late next week so they can’t just go out on their own. So I get to sit here watching for any indication that they need out.

• Like 4

Sometimes when I can't sleep I will whiffle through Netflix for something to watch....finally after about 20 minutes I find a show that looks OK. then it isn't dubbed into English...so.... next  

finally sit through the worst rubbish for an hour or 2, get tired and can sleep    BUT I have watched some of the worst crap ever...who buys these **** shows for Netflix?

(And I;m the fool who watched it)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

• Administrators

In the spirit of idiots doing idiotic things, I give you:

339413641_2799220986878564_1284128199259466425_n.jpg

What do you figure the weight distribution is on the trailer hitched to the U-Haul? How did he survive long enough to get pulled over?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, DAKA said:

Sometimes when I can't sleep I will whiffle through Netflix for something to watch....finally after about 20 minutes I find a show that looks OK. then it isn't dubbed into English...so.... next  

finally sit through the worst rubbish for an hour or 2, get tired and can sleep    BUT I have watched some of the worst crap ever...who buys these **** shows for Netflix?

I hear you! When my insomnia is real bad I wind up arguing with cooking shows. If I fall asleep I wake to Russian car crashes. 

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, DAKA said:

Some nights I just couldn’t seem to go to sleep, so would turn on an old movie being broadcast then stretch out on the couch. Drift off, be waked up by Johnny Cheetzu Honest Used Cars commercial, audio entirely at maximum allowed volume - at least. Commercial ends, drift off again. Repeat. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Mrs.Cicero said:

IEvery time I watch a video on Twitface I feel stupider, because my opinion of the entire human race just gets worse, or because I wasted the time watching it...

You think that's bad?  You should see the morons on TikTok!  Even worse, the "man on the street" interviews of college students (especially when on spring break).

• Like 2

My son and I watched these genius cowboys working on getting a van out of the ditch, on a hill, the road was a sheet of ice. Every time they let go of their truck or the winch line, the went on a ski trip all the way to the bottom of the hill. Then had to crawl back up in the snow on the edge of the road. Damn cowboy boots. Who wears cowboy boots in Alaska? Texans. It was quite entertaining. We finally gave up after watching several ski trips. Our sides were aching.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I was watching a car with an upright bicycle in a roof rack waiting to turn into a parking garage. I asked my buddy if we should stop him. "Hell no," he replied. "This is entertainment provided by God!"

Alas, a goody two shoes stopped him and ruined our entertainment.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1