Come on, who didn't do this as a kid?

gwalchmai

That particular act of sheer genius?  NO!

But I did put many actions into motion that very quickly snowballed out of control and I instantly wished that I could take back.

That powered whirly gig technique might have been borrowed from factories that make mashed potatoes.  I wonder how that kid explained his concussion to his parental units.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, minervadoe said:

That particular act of sheer genius?  NO!

But I did put many actions into motion that very quickly snowballed out of control and I instantly wished that I could take back.

That powered whirly gig technique might have been borrowed from factories that make mashed potatoes.  I wonder how that kid explained his concussion to his parental units.

Wonder who puked first..................LOL

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, pipedreams said:

Wonder who puked first..................LOL

With liquids in a centrifugal situation, there is a tendency for everyone involved to share to such a degree that the original source of said liquid may be difficult to identify without them owning up to it, or a crude breathalyzer test  being run.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, gwalchmai said:

"Good judgement comes from experience." :)

I have plenty of joints that click and ache from my learning experiences.  Did I ever bore you with my tale of how I found myself lying on a ceiling with a terrible and sudden headache?  Jumping down some stairs with a low ceiling and certain elements of cartoon physics were involved. 

CrispCapitalBlackpanther-max-1mb.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, minervadoe said:

I have plenty of joints that click and ache from my learning experiences.  Did I ever bore you with my tale of how I found myself lying on a ceiling with a terrible and sudden headache?  Jumping down some stairs with a low ceiling and certain elements of cartoon physics were involved. 

CrispCapitalBlackpanther-max-1mb.gif

My doctor calls those the sins of my youth. 

• Haha 2

We had steel monkey bars that rose to over two stories tall.

On asphalt playgrounds.

Survived.

What do they call such playground equipment these days?

Monkey bars is racist -- to monkeys, i guess.

Can't call it a jungle gym -- too close to Jungle Jim and we all know that Johnny Weismuller was a white supremacist all of his time in Africa.

Not to mention Tarzan.

Hmmmmm.

Both series had a monkey as a co-star.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

https://www.thetravel.com/what-to-know-about-the-silver-springs-monkeys-in-florida/?newsletter_popup=1

Six monkeys were put on a small island on the Silver River in 1938 to form a Tarzan-themed attraction.  Monkeys are good swimmers and they all took off for the woods.

The entrapreneur brought in six more, and they also ran off. Today there are an estimated 300 in the park and still no Tarzan. :51:

• Haha 2

our version was some bench seats out about 4 feet from the center, and open framework in the middle.

Someone pushing it around from in the center of the contraption could build up quite a bit of speed/force for those sitting on the bench facing inward with their hands gripping the rail for dear life.

We survived somehow.

Now they have none of that at the local park.  Only thing that's still there from my childhood is a metal slide that spirals downwards.  Can still easily climb over the sides or even onto the little circular roof on top, and fall 8-10 feet down.

• Like 2