Worlds dumbest dog.

Batesmotel

My dog was waiting at the gate to the backyard wanting to be let out. The wind blew the fence down. There was no fence to his left. Just the gate. Funny thing is we NEVER let him out of that gate. He just wanted to come over to where I was working. 

683F9705-5B38-4C89-89EA-B1D0A2716347.jpeg

• Haha 3

W had a glass storm door that the glass mysteriously got broken out of. We just stepped through the door frame without opening it. However our dog refused to walk through the frame. Couldn't even pull him through the frame with a leash. We had to open the frame to get him to go out.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I had a St Bernard when I was 15. We fenced in half our back yard for him. Later we fenced in the other half and took down what was now a divider. It was nearly a month before the dog would cross over into the other half of the yard.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Maser said:

It's funny to think that the dumbest dog based on breed alone is apparently an afghan.  Afghans (to me at least) look super intelligent.  Guess looks can be quite deceiving. ;)

I’ve had 13 dogs. I find they are very individual when it comes to intelligence. Some breeds are generally more intelligent than others but within any given breed intelligence can vary widely. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, ChuteTheMall said:

Even a smart dog can act stupid.

I had a very smart dog who was an escape artist and a thief, but she was a real loser at hide & go seek;

she would hide her head under some furniture but leave her body, legs, and tail in the aisle in everybody's way.

Much like a human toddler.

• Like 1

• Administrators

Who remembers Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom? I remember an episode where they created a corral of bed sheets strung between top and bottom ropes. The used a helicopter to herd a pride of lions into the corral and then closed the opening. The lions could not see through the sheets, so it never occurred to them to test their strength. They simply assumed they were solid. For most animals, perception is usually reality. Human animals are no different. Perhaps we wouldn't be fooled by a enclosure made of bed sheets, but there are plenty of circumstances were we take for reality, what only seems to be.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators

You know, it just occurred to me that The Golden Corral Buffet's name is pretty insulting, when you consider the definition of 'corral'.

noun
North American
  1. a pen for livestock, especially cattle or horses, on a farm or ranch.

Bastards.

• Haha 3

31 minutes ago, Eric said:

Who remembers Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom? I remember an episode where they created a corral of bed sheets strung between top and bottom ropes. The used a helicopter to herd a pride of lions into the corral and then closed the opening. The lions could not see through the sheets, so it never occurred to them to test their strength. They simply assumed they were solid. For most animals, perception is usually reality. Human animals are no different. Perhaps we wouldn't be fooled by an enclosure made of bed sheets, but there are plenty of circumstances were we take for reality, what only seems to be.

Just like how a thin cord will hold an adult elephant after they used a heavy rope to train it when it was a baby. 

• Like 2