Yum

Eric

34 minutes ago, Eric said:

That picture makes me hungry for some Shakey’s Pizza. :supergrin: Seriously, I used to love that place when I was a kid. Oh, and Linda Carter is nice too. 

1BFF5395-D06F-4C10-861D-14EBD89BE5BF.jpeg

YOWZA

Awww S**T  She's a friend of hateful Hillary, and a Democrat...

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, Batesmotel said:

I loved Shakey’s. I know of only one left in the US. I know there are more but only one close to anywhere I visit. I try to get there every few years. Not the best but great memories as a kid. 

Mr Gaddi’s Pizza was a place I enjoyed. Could order from menu but their specialty was pizza and salad buffets. The ones with which I was familiar are all gone 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Eric said:

That picture makes me hungry for some Shakey’s Pizza. :supergrin: Seriously, I used to love that place when I was a kid. Oh, and Linda Carter is nice too. 

1BFF5395-D06F-4C10-861D-14EBD89BE5BF.jpeg

When I lived in Southern California (North Hollywood, not far from the Palomino night club) there was a Shakey's Pizza half a block down the street from me. It was a big place and had live entertainment on Saturday nights and some of it was better than you would expect playing at a Pizza place.

They had good pizza. I liked mine with everything on it.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, DAKA said:

In case you are "in the market: for a"boat" Here's one https://www.boats.com/power-boats/2020-riva-aquariva-super-8518768/

(Offer $750,000  !! )

Those boats have an 8 cylinder twin turbocharged 8LV370 (Z) Yanmar diesel that weighs 950 pounds and has only 272 cubic inches of displacement bu puts out 370 horsepower, but those ar big heavy boats and top speed is only about 45 knots.

I remember I went to the boat drags once and none of them looked like they were going very fast until they started running the top fuel classes with the same kinds of engines that are used in top fuel dragsters with thousands of horsepower. Usually how fast you want to go depends on how much money you have to spend but in some cases, apparently you can spend a lot of money and still  not go that fast.  I think for the money I'd almost rather have cigarette boat except that keeping those high horsepower engines running reliably is a lot of work and those things are probably an even more expensive rich man's toy.

• Like 2

• Administrators

Are there still any Peter Piper Pizza locations open anywhere? Those guys used a ridiuclously hot oven that cooked pizza so fast, they had a drivethrough, at some locations. It was cheap pizza, but it was tasty. I haven't seen one since the mid-eighties, when we moved back to Texas from Tucson, AZ.

Edited to add: I answered my own question. I Googled them and they are apparently alive and well. I'm surprised I have noticed one, in my travels.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Borg warner said:

Those boats have an 8 cylinder twin turbocharged 8LV370 (Z) Yanmar diesel that weighs 950 pounds and has only 272 cubic inches of displacement bu puts out 370 horsepower, but those ar big heavy boats and top speed is only about 45 knots.

I remember I went to the boat drags once and none of them looked like they were going very fast until they started running the top fuel classes with the same kinds of engines that are used in top fuel dragsters with thousands of horsepower. Usually how fast you want to go depends on how much money you have to spend but in some cases, apparently you can spend a lot of money and still  not go that fast.  I think for the money I'd almost rather have cigarette boat except that keeping those high horsepower engines running reliably is a lot of work and those things are probably an even more expensive rich man's toy.

Aigrette boats burn an enormous quantity of fuel at speed and about $7 a gallon !!   

But, ya know....if ya gotta ask.....ya canna afford it

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

When I was around 14 years old I was at the Beverly Hills Hilton with my father. My dad was there for a medical convention. One of the nights we were there, they were having a roast for Ed McMahon in their ballroom. I saw all sorts of Hollywood people walk through the door for the event. Johnny Carson, Bob Newhart, Tony Bennett and a bunch of others. I was a shy kid. 

Then Lynda Carter walked in.  I said "Wonder Woman?" She looked my way, smiled, stopped and gave me a hug and said, "your'e so cute".

I received a hug from Wonder Woman.:D

• Like 8

On 11/27/2022 at 5:35 AM, DAKA said:

RIVA fairly modern and I think fiberglass

Riva Aquarama is Carlo Riva’s most famous design. Over the years, it has become a nautical legend. Its name was taken from wide-screen Cinerama movie format which was very popular in those days.

The Riva Aquarama is a luxury yacht that is made of wood. No fiberglass is used here. The hull or the frame of the yacht is inspired by an earlier model of Riva, the Riva Tritone. The craftsmanship’s elegant smooth lines reflect a piece being creatively sculpted and not just built. Because of its luxury, grace, and speed, Riva Aquarama is known as the Ferrari of the boat-world.

• Like 2