Your Favorite TV Cop/Detective

Eric

• Administrators

Who is your favorite TV cop/detective/PI?

For me, it is Andy Sipowitz, played by Dennis Franz, on NYPD Blue. His was a deeply flawed character, always at war with himself and the world, but he tried to be better.

NYPD Blue was originally intended to be a vehicle for David Caruso, but Franz outshined him from the start. Caruso threw a tantrum and left the show in the second season and it went on to run for 15 seasons, with Sipowitz front and center until the last episode. 

Franz and Jimmy Smits were perfectly matched as partners on the show and I was sorry to see Smits go. The series of episodes where he got sick and eventually died were some of the most powerful TV drama ever filmed though.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Eric said:

Who is your favorite TV cop/detective/PI?

For me, it is Andy Sipowitz, played by Dennis Franz, on NYPD Blue. His was a deeply flawed character, always at war with himself and the world, but he tried to be better.

NYPD Blue was originally intended to be a vehicle for David Caruso, but Franz outshined him from the start. Caruso threw a tantrum and left the show in the second season and it went on to run for 15 seasons, with Sipowitz front and center until the last episode. 

Franz and Jimmy Smits were perfectly matched as partners on the show and I was sorry to see Smits go. The series of episodes where he got sick and eventually died were some of the most powerful TV drama ever filmed though.

Andy Was the show for me

• Like 1