Faith Restored

Huaco Kid

I had the whole day off,  in a foreign land.  But I immediately discovered I lost my wallet.  Not even sure I could get home without it,  it would have absolutely messed up next week.

Took the room apart twice.  Took my suitcases and toolbags apart thrice.  Ransacked the rental car.  Gone.

Went to yesterday's restaurant,  where I was sure it would be.  Nope.

The only other place I had gone to was walmart.  Right.  I had to try.

Someone had turned it in!  Muddy.  Looked like it got run over.  DL and CC in there.  And also ~$75 cash.  Intact.

Wyoming Rules!!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Pretty sure I know what I did (I've done it many times).

It was so freakin' cold here (work outside), that I wore my overalls.

That gives you outside pockets and reach-through to your pants' pockets.  And a space in the middle,  where instead of hitting a pocket,  you drop things down your pants leg.

They don't just instantly drop down on the ground,  you walk around and they work they down and out at your ankle.

• Like 3

This is why we should turn in found items. Because it makes us feel good when we read about these good experiences. People who feel good are better able to deal with the vicissitudes of life, and we are currently beset by vicissitudes. Thus, once again, altruism is shown to be an evolutionary survival tactic. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Huaco Kid said:

I had the whole day off,  in a foreign land.  But I immediately discovered I lost my wallet.  Not even sure I could get home without it,  it would have absolutely messed up next week.

Took the room apart twice.  Took my suitcases and toolbags apart thrice.  Ransacked the rental car.  Gone.

Went to yesterday's restaurant,  where I was sure it would be.  Nope.

The only other place I had gone to was walmart.  Right.  I had to try.

Someone had turned it in!  Muddy.  Looked like it got run over.  DL and CC in there.  And also ~$75 cash.  Intact.

Wyoming Rules!!

My wife went shopping at a large grocery store.  When she got home she remembered she forgot her purse in the shopping cart.  She raced back to the store and looked at all the shopping carts.  She dejectedly went to the customer service counter to see if it was there.

They had it!  Someone had turned it in with all her, stuff/cash/cards intact.  Her gun was even still in it.  She and I were happy someone did a good thing.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, gwalchmai said:

This is why we should turn in found items. Because it makes us feel good when we read about these good experiences. People who feel good are better able to deal with the vicissitudes of life, and we are currently beset by vicissitudes. Thus, once again, altruism is shown to be an evolutionary survival tactic. 

I have done it and it makes me feel good.  I hope someone returns the favor to me some day.  All the reasons we do stuff is true.

• Like 1