Eggs thrown at New king and Queen Consort.

Borg warner

1 hour ago, railfancwb said:

Have read that a lot of people wished that Charles had said “Thanks but I’ll pass.” and let William become king.

What would happen if Statesiders started throwing eggs at our “royalty”?

Locked up in a gulag in DC for far less than egg throwing.

• Like 2

Screw ‘Em. They stole my family’s land in 45. Burned all the parishes along with the land deeds. Then claimed it for the crown. We were yeomen farmers. Not landed gentry. Commoners who worked, saved and bought their own farms. The whole bunch of inbred Germans can rot in hell.

Where do I send more eggs?

• Like 4

6 hours ago, railfancwb said:

Why is she called “Queen Consort”?

At first I though it was maybe because she's his second wife. But then I found out that she's not really the queen because you can't inherit the throne if you marry into the royal family.  I think they'd have to be brother and sister tor her to be queen. There's always been a certain amount of inbreeding in the British royal family. O.o

It's just like Prince Phillip who was married to Queen Elizabeth and was only considered a prince and not King Phillip.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, railfancwb said:

Walked through an ancient cemetery on what once was a plantation in rural west Tennessee. Two things caught my eye. First, how many infants were buried there. Second, how many gravestones said “______ ______” consort of “______ ______”

I had to look this one up.

In early American cemeteries Alice Smith Consort of John Smith would mean John and Alice were married and Alice died before John. Usually no other information was put on her headstone.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Batesmotel said:

I had to look this one up.

In early American cemeteries Alice Smith Consort of John Smith would mean John and Alice were married and Alice died before John. Usually no other information was put on her headstone.

Childbirth was a major killer of women for a long time. A man might outlast two or even three wives. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

Childbirth was a major killer of women for a long time. A man might outlast two or even three wives. 

Uncle Harvey just turned 90.  His wife died earlier this year.  He was married to my mom's sister for 53 years I think and to Francis, his second wife, for maybe 12-14 years.  One of the saddest things he said to one of his daughters shortly after was "I didn't think I would be burying a second wife."

• Sad 3

• Administrators
I'm Henry the eighth I am Henry the eighth I am, I am I got married to the widow next door She's been married seven times before
And every one was an Henry (Henry) She wouldn't have a Willy or a Sam (no Sam) I'm her eighth old man, I'm Henry Henry the eighth I am

Second verse same as the first…
  • Haha 4

10 hours ago, Eric said:
I'm Henry the eighth I am
Henry the eighth I am, I am
I got married to the widow next door
She's been married seven times before
And every one was an Henry (Henry)
She wouldn't have a Willy or a Sam (no Sam)
I'm her eighth old man, I'm Henry
Henry the eighth I am

Second verse same as the first…

It's sad that I knew this... ;( 

• Haha 2