Walmart: We’re Not Comfortable Selling to Pro-Life Ministry

pipedreams

Should bought the cards without saying what they were for, no ones business.

"Walmart is facing national outrage after a store in Millington, Tennessee refused service to a pro-life organization. 

The executive director of Confidential Care Ministries had wanted to purchase $100 gift cards for some of their clients – newborn mothers. 

But when the person at the checkout counter learned that the gift cards were for a pro-life ministry, he stopped the transaction. 

“I’m not comfortable with that,” he said."

https://www.toddstarnes.com/opinion/walmart-were-not-comfortable-selling-to-pro-life-ministry/

"She went to a nearby Kroger and they were more than happy to sell gift cards."

https://twitter.com/toddstarnes/status/1577001914113196033?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1577001914113196033|twgr^|twcon^s1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.toddstarnes.com%2Fopinion%2Fwalmart-were-not-comfortable-selling-to-pro-life-ministry%2F

The link could not be embedded because there is no tweet at that URL.

Someone saved it before it got pulled.

392802431_Screenshot2022-10-03at14-37-50toddstarnesonTwitter.thumb.png.e8244d6b1b842f733b4173a8f570766b.png

• Thanks 1

I lived in Arkansas. I knew a couple former Walmart executives. They left because they were privy to the big picture. Walmart wants to run EVERYTHING!

The plan took a majority hit in the 90s when they were denied becoming a bank. They wanted people to be able to deposit their paychecks to the Walmart bank and just use Walmart accounts to pay bills and do all their shopping.

The real plan was to get all the welfare checks deposited to Walmart and make everyone dependent on them for payment of bills, food, medicine, optometry, dental, medical. As they ran every other retailer out of business. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

3 minutes ago, Batesmotel said:

I lived in Arkansas. I knew a couple former Walmart executives. They left because they were privy to the big picture. Walmart wants to run EVERYTHING!

The plan took a majority hit in the 90s when they were denied becoming a bank. They wanted people to be able to deposit their paychecks to the Walmart bank and just use Walmart accounts to pay bills and do all their shopping.

The real plan was to get all the welfare checks deposited to Walmart and make everyone dependent on them for payment of bills, food, medicine, optometry, dental, medical. As they ran every other retailer out of business. 

I think old man Walton would roll over if he knew what has happened to his dream.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1