My favorite part of cool weather

gwalchmai

7 hours ago, holyjohnson said:

i like fall because i can.

Sleep with my Windows open.

Drink Fresh Mulled Hot Apple Cider.

Carry my 1911 OWB and is easily concealed.

My bride, the Heiress, just ordered screens for our house. When we built it I asked whether screens would be a nice addition and was told by her and the builder that no one uses screens anymore. This summer it was decided that screens would be a nice addition. I hope she decides we need a new gun... :greensupergrin:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

On 9/28/2022 at 9:08 AM, tous said:

Did you remove the hanger before donning your gay apparel?

On 9/28/2022 at 9:10 AM, DAKA said:

fala la la la la

OMG it's not even Halloween yet!  Can we get through Thanksgiving before the insanity starts?  Oh wait, sorry...for a moment I thought I was at [insert favorite big box store here].

:wink:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Finally got a frost last night.  I pulled out my wool sweaters two days ago.  I live in those mens wool sweaters for 6-7 months of the year (I HATE FLEECE, it either lets the wind thru and I freeze, or it doesn't allow any air to circulate at all and I sweat to death).  It's about time for my annual trip to Goodwill to buy a bunch of men's sweaters (preferably the cashmere ones) that I will trash over the next 6 months by wearing them to do farm chores.  I can't justify spending $100+ for a new one, but $5 each for several does just fine).  I love this time of year - dry ground, and cold enough to work without dripping with sweat.  Today I'm going to rip out all the frost-killed plants in the garden and plant the garlic in those spots.  And I'll make cream of garlic soup with any leftover bulbs after I've planted what I need for next year...

• Like 5