LYNRD SKYNRD concert yesterday

Big Wheels Keep on Turning Tour.

30 minutes ago, Mrs.Cicero said:

I'd be jealous, except I spent the whole weekend on the range teaching people to shoot their rifles.  So, I'm ALMOST jealous.

I have been instructing my S.I.L. lately. I have her checked out on 6 firearms. She has put about 1000 rounds down range in the past several weeks. Mostly pistols and revolvers, but also a Marlin .22 Mag bolt action. I'm putting my dad's very old Winchester model 62 pump in her hands next. Then maybe the old model 94 in .32 Special that I have hosed so many deer with.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, minderasr said:

Now THAT is a concert I would have loved to see back in '76.  I've seen The Outlaws several times, but never got to see the original Skynyrd.

There was a smoky haze in the auditorium.  Not sure how well I saw the stage.

Everybody got frisked on the way in.  One of the girls in our group was crying since that was pretty invasive. 

Watching The Outlaws would have been enough for me.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_Grass_and_High_Tides

5 hours ago, Wyzz Kydd said:

So they call themselves Lynyrd Skynyrd because one member of the band went to a real Skynyrd concert once?

One original member left?

Lynryrd Skynyrd died 50 years ago. This band     isn’t Lynyrd Skynyrd.

Ronny VanZant died 50 years ago. His brother and cousins did not.

• Like 1

It's sad, but some bands are just dead, and it's a shame to continue using the name.

Pink Floyd died when Roger Waters left.  Don't believe me, listen to their last two albums without him.  Yeah they were, and some still are, great musicians, but the Pink vibe was gone.

Led Zeppelin, dead.  I like the way they handled Bonham's death.  They hung it up because they didn't think they could be true to what they had established.

The Who, dead. The opposite of Zepp.  Half the band dead and yet they're still 'The Who'?

The Beatles, dead. Tons of ink spilled on that one. 

10 minutes ago, Wyzz Kydd said:

It's sad, but some bands are just dead, and it's a shame to continue using the name.

Pink Floyd died when Roger Waters left.  Don't believe me, listen to their last two albums without him.  Yeah they were, and some still are, great musicians, but the Pink vibe was gone.

Led Zeppelin, dead.  I like the way they handled Bonham's death.  They hung it up because they didn't think they could be true to what they had established.

The Who, dead. The opposite of Zepp.  Half the band dead and yet they're still 'The Who'?

The Beatles, dead. Tons of ink spilled on that one. 

Well the concert was awesome. 

• Thanks 1