Heart Pacemaker Manufacturer Warns users to Keep Distance from EV Charging Stations

pipedreams

Americans who use a pacemaker are particularly at risk when using charging stations.

The Leading Manufacturer of Heart Pacemakers (Medtronic) has recommended that its users distance themselves at least 12 inches from electric vehicle charging stations, according to The Environmental Health Trust.

Medtronic also warns its users to stay away from electric fences, electric pet containment fences, and transformer boxes.

https://www.dailyfetched.com/heart-pacemaker-manufacturer-warns-users-to-keep-distance-from-ev-charging-stations/?utm_source=wnd&utm_medium=wnd&utm_campaign=syndicated

• Sad 1

My dad was told to avoid leaning over a running engine, using a chainsaw, and all manner of stuff. The thing that pissed him off the most was that they put the cigarette packaged size unit in his left shoulder and then told him to not fire a gun from that shoulder. He was left handed. He asked if it could have been put in his right shoulder. "Sure." He ate their asses over that one. Still killed plenty of deer. Just used a .22 Magnum rifle rather than a center fire. I swear, so many people don't think things out. They just do things the same way, over and over. Educated idiots.

• Like 4

• Administrators

I had a grandfather that had one of the first pacemakers implanted in a patient. He wouldn’t go into a store or restaurant until someone went in to check if a microwave oven was being used. He was scared to death of the things. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

My son has a friend that is his age.  The friend had a heart problem that necessitated a Pacemaker.  

When My son talked with him about TIG welding and what fun he was having with it, the friend told him he did it too.  The friend liked welding and working with steel as a hobby.

My son asked about the effects on his Pacemaker when welding.  The guy said that: As with most welders when using the TIG I lay the cables over my shoulder to take the weight while moving and welding.

Each time he triggered the TIG he experienced really "Funny/odd sensations from his heart!".  But, it didn't seem to do any long term things so he was happy in his hobby!

He also told my son that before he had his Pacemaker, he seemed tired all the time, had no energy and lacked stamina.  After the installation of the Pacemaker, he was completely rejuvenated and seemed like a new lease on life.  Now he has fun all the time.  I guess many people's lives have been greatly improved like this.

Disclaimer:  I was part of a group of around 6  people that started Medtronics.  We worked out of a gutted house in the North East side of Minneapolis.  It was a blast!  When I started we only made Pacemakers that strapped to your body and you had a small moment in time that you could change batteries before you passed out.

We developed many other medical devices while I worked there in the Research Department.  I had the distinction of working with Dr. lillehei the famous heart surgeon on some developments.

• Like 3

I knew a guy who got one that made a living welding. He would put on a chain mail coat and keep right on welding. I have no idea if this was approved or if it even helped, he said it worked, and kept on working so I guess at least it didn't kill him.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators
27 minutes ago, Fog said:

I knew a guy who got one that made a living welding. He would put on a chain mail coat and keep right on welding. I have no idea if this was approved or if it even helped, he said it worked, and kept on working so I guess at least it didn't kill him.

Kind of like a reverse Faraday Cage.

• Like 3