The Queen has passed

Al Czervik

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2022/09/08/britains-queen-elizabeth-ii-dead-charles-is-king/

Buckingham Palace has announced the death of Britain’s Queen Elizabeth II, ending her 70-year reign.

The Queen died at Balmoral, her private Scottish home this afternoon. She was Britain’s longest-ever reigning Monarch, at 70 years and 214 days.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Eric said:

Anyone who loved working on cars is ok, in my book. I'm not sure what function a monarch truly serves in a modern democracy, save the obvious ceremonial one, but she wore the role well. RIP.

Moderator between the parties in her own government. Communication facilitator inside and without her government. 

• Like 3

• Administrators
24 minutes ago, Batesmotel said:

I wonder what what name Charles will pick. Charles I was a nightmare. Charles II defamed by civil war. 

Maybe Chuck? King Chuck I. It has that everyguy kind of feel to it. The kind of king a bloke could hoist a pint with, what?

• Haha 2

• Administrators

And the world continues its downward spiral:

"I heard the chief monarch of a thieving raping genocidal empire is finally dying," Carnegie Mellon University Professor Uju Anya tweeted on Thursday morning. "May her pain be excruciating."

• Sad 5

Queen Elizabeth commanded a tight attitude and walking the line. Not afraid in the least to crack the whip when she knew it was needed. The Royal Family got very good at hiding their antics from her. I'm sure, as with most leadership positions, she was very isolated from the world outside her "advisers".

Very likely the Monarchy will suffer greatly in the coming years.

• Like 3

I'll bet she's responsible for more Independence Day holidays all around the globe ( at least 47) than any monarch in history.

Egypt, Sudan, Ghana, Malaysia, Cameroon, Cyprus, Nigeria, Somalia, Kuwait, Sierra Leone, Tanzania, Jamaica, Trinidad and Tobago, and Uganda just in the first 10 years of her 70 years on the throne.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_national_independence_days

• Like 2

2 hours ago, M&P15T said:

The only Royal I ever thought worth a damn.

Now her son gets to burn the country to the ground.

Unfortunately that country is already on it's way down but King Charles will only help to make things worse.  Rest in Peace Queen Elizabeth. Your memory will live on.

cartoonprince charles1.JPG

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1