Flying suit

DAKA

People have been doing that **** on YouTube for quite awhile now.  Unstable as **** of a flight!  Think of a Harrier jet's instability during "hover mode" and imagine a drunk pilot with the controls tilted 90 degrees randomly clockwise or counter-clockwise and there you have an example of the instability I'm talking about.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Al Czervik said:

It is all fun and games until bad guys start shooting at you.  How does one shoot back?

ETA:  still cool as hell and I want one.

I couldn't agree more. The technology is obviously cool as hell, but using it in an actual combat situation??? Yeah, not so much...

The enemy is going to shoot you out of the sky. You are slow and NOT slealthy, and you can't shoot back.

• Like 1

This will be deployed for SAR first.

Recent demo had them respond to the top of a mountain in fog with about 30' visibility. It was a two hour hike or a seven minute jet pack ride over the tree tops, with a nice bit of kit to treat the patient. Still not sure how they planned to transport a patient, but at least they got medics and some gear there.

• Like 2

Hydrogen/oxygen rocket engines depend on both stored at cryogenic temperatures.

I doubt that the rocket man suit can do that.

Most likely, the fuel is gaseous hydrogen and hydrogen peroxide.

You get an energetic push at STP.

:599c64bfb50b0_wavey1:

NB someone put a wad of chewing gum over the Artemis rocket leak and get the danged thing on its way.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1