Aww, man. Reality doesn't always conform to my expectations

gwalchmai

You remember that beautiful girl that you never had the nerve to approach in HS but were always intrigued with? 

Then you find her on the FaceCrook many years later and she's not remotely as you had imagined? 

'Tis a bummer... :(

Then again, you're not saddled with her, either...

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

All the class elite have intermarried and now work for the same school district.  A number of them were pregnant when married.  Friends in town say that they are still the clique that they used to be while re-living their high school days.......

Some people never progress from adolescence to adulthood.  If you only glory days were in your teens, you have lost your way!

Oh, yes.  The most truant class mate in my high school classes is now the Truant Officer..........  Fitting!  :abovelol:

My old girl friend does the class reunion crap every year.  She said that the last reunion had 5 people come.  It was held in a local bar.

I have never gone to one.  I have no memories that tie me to these people.

I did meet an old teacher once in town.  I reminded him of the time he reprimanded me for kissing a girl in the hall.  I pointed out the he said that no good would come of behavior like that.  I told him he was right, I had been married to her for 50 years at that point in time..........  We are now at 65 years and still going.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, janice6 said:

All the class elite have intermarried and now work for the same school district.  A number of them were pregnant when married.  Friends in town say that they are still the clique that they used to be while re-living their high school days.......

Some people never progress from adolescence to adulthood.  If you only glory days were in your teens, you have lost your way!

Oh, yes.  The most truant class mate in my high school classes is now the Truant Officer..........  Fitting!  :abovelol:

My old girl friend does the class reunion crap every year.  She said that the last reunion had 5 people come.  It was held in a local bar.

I have never gone to one.  I have no memories that tie me to these people.

I did meet an old teacher once in town.  I reminded him of the time he reprimanded me for kissing a girl in the hall.  I pointed out the he said that no good would come of behavior like that.  I told him he was right, I had been married to her for 50 years at that point in time..........  We are now at 65 years and still going.

Been to a few of my class reunions, primarily because a good friend wanted me to. Been a long time since the last one… which in fact probably was the last one. Deaths have probably taken the group below critical mass. 

• Like 2

My 35th is this year.  It is in a bar, again. Once the band starts up, I can't hear anyone talk anyway, and the conversations are the only reason to go, since I'm not a freaking drunk (a few of them definitely are).  I'm not going.  If any of them want to find me, it's not like I'm in hiding.  Yet.  

Edited by Mrs.Cicero
typo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Mrs.Cicero said:

My 35th is this year.  It is in a bar, again. Once the band starts up, I can't hear anyone talk anyway, and the conversations are the only reason to go, since I'm to a freaking drunk (a few of them definitely are).  I'm not going.  If any of them want to find me, it's not like I'm in hiding.  Yet.  

I got hearing aids to correct the ambient noise problem in bars & restaurants. The HAs amplify the ambient noise. :greensupergrin:

• Like 1

My wife and I have literally known eachother all our lives.  She was my main bully from preschool to 2nd grade.  Started going out in 5th grade and next year after I got outta Juvie we officially started dating.  Went through a nasty breakup at 13.  Got back together and have been ever since.  What's amazing about her is she has absolutely zero presence on social media except for the veterinary hospital she works for. 

• Like 1