How’s it done?

railfancwb

If I told you, Eric would have to kill you.  :599c64b322d5b_tongueout:

Without getting too technical, the machine always knows the dimensions of a display device, be it a monitor, tablet, smart phone or other and in some cases whether that device is in portrait or landscape orientation.

The machine also knows the dimensions of that is to be displayed, so it is an easy calculation, machines are really good at that, to determine how much of what will fit in the available display space.

With the advent of graphic interfaces came scroll controls, both vertical and horizontal, that allows the user to pan the content of the display up and down, left and right.

Again, the machine is really good at calculating whatever offset is needed.

In the olden days, forum software had the option a setting the number of posts per page, say, 25 or 15 before a new page was required.

I don't know how they do it these days.

It is a bit more involved, but that's the basics.

:599c64bfb50b0_wavey1:

• Like 3

14 hours ago, tous said:

If I told you, Eric would have to kill you.  :599c64b322d5b_tongueout:

Without getting too technical, the machine always knows the dimensions of a display device, be it a monitor, tablet, smart phone or other and in some cases whether that device is in portrait or landscape orientation.

The machine also knows the dimensions of that is to be displayed, so it is an easy calculation, machines are really good at that, to determine how much of what will fit in the available display space.

With the advent of graphic interfaces came scroll controls, both vertical and horizontal, that allows the user to pan the content of the display up and down, left and right.

Again, the machine is really good at calculating whatever offset is needed.

In the olden days, forum software had the option a setting the number of posts per page, say, 25 or 15 before a new page was required.

I don't know how they do it these days.

It is a bit more involved, but that's the basics.

:599c64bfb50b0_wavey1:

Oh   That makes perfect sense.... the points are generated by the Turbio Entabulator 

• Haha 2