Christmas Decorations

Batesmotel

Do you see a difference in a store decorating for Christmas versus a store sells Christmas decorations this time of year?

My neighbor is ranting about a craft store selling Christmas lights already. They have not decorative for Christmas. Just put out a display of lights. Apparently a lot of people feel like he does. I don’t see a problem with it. He says he won’t shop anywhere that sells them before Thanksgiving  

I would rather put up lights in good weather rather than buying them in late November and putting them up in the cold and snow. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Batesmotel said:

Do you see a difference in a store decorating for Christmas versus a store sells Christmas decorations this time of year?

My neighbor is ranting about a craft store selling Christmas lights already. They have not decorative for Christmas. Just put out a display of lights. Apparently a lot of people feel like he does. I don’t see a problem with it. He says he won’t shop anywhere that sells them before Thanksgiving  

I would rather put up lights in good weather rather than buying them in late November and putting them up in the cold and snow. 

This is YOUR MAJOR PROBLEM ..... :shakefist:    :anim_rofl2:

I;m worried about how I;m going to charge the EV that I will NEVER BUY !!! :shoot-me:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've been in walmarts the day after a holiday (or celebrated whatever-day).  They'd have a 3-rack train moving down an aisle removing all the holiday stuff.  Immediately behind that train was another train,  stocking the shelves with the next holiday-stuff. 

Walmart shelf space is extremely valuable.  A lot of people get paid a lot of money to decide how every inch is used.  They know your wallet better than you do.

• Like 2

At one time into the early post war period, strings of Christmas tree lights came in two designs - series and parallel. Incandescent bulbs of course.

Serial sets used a single wire which started at one pin of the plug and looped back to the other pin. The wire had light bulb sockets Daisy chained. Bulbs required maybe 10 volts so the set would contain 12 sockets. One bulb loose or burned out or missing the set was dark.

Parallel sets ran two wires from the plug out. Each light bulb socket received both wires. Maybe 7 light bulb sockets. Often the end of the wires opposite the end plugged into the wall had a socket into which the next string of lights could be plugged. 

• Like 1

Merchandise for sale is a long way from decoration.

Might as well wrap your head around the fact that it will be out before Halloween. I'm OK with that. A lot of folks make things with the supplies and they would be hard pressed to do so if they had to wait till Thanksgiving to do that.

They put out decor earlier every year is seems, but merchandising drives that, and it has been working.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, DAKA said:

This is YOUR MAJOR PROBLEM ..... :shakefist:    :anim_rofl2:

I;m worried about how I;m going to charge the EV that I will NEVER BUY !!! :shoot-me:

No. Listening to my idiot neighbor rant about it and everyone who is already getting out Halloween decorations is my problem. 

Im just trying to pull weeds. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Batesmotel said:

No. Listening to my idiot neighbor rant about it and everyone who is already getting out Halloween decorations is my problem. 

Im just trying to pull weeds. 

People getting their panties bunched over holiday decorations. Tell how this isn't First World Problems. There are plenty that are in dire need of addressing, that mean something, or will.

I have no problem with Halloween coming out. A few weeks early, but you get to enjoy it. 

I get that summer isn't over for 3 more weeks, and people need to sit their pumpkin spice butts down, because I'm still drinking margaritas, and finally have cool enough weather I can do that while cooking outside. Yea, it's still in the low 90's but that is a lot better than 105, and the breeze has taken a cooler tone.

• Like 2