Jump to content

New Electric Mustang Only Lasted 6 Months Without Dangerous Complications - Ford Announces Major EV Recall


pipedreams
 Share

Recommended Posts

"Ford’s electric version of its legendary Mustang muscle car has been hit with a recall.

Ford is recalling 1,175 of its 2022 Mustang Mach-E electric vehicles due to concerns that the right-rear axle half shafts may have a manufacturing defect, according to Ford Authority.

The Mach-E has been hit with recalls before, according to cars.com.

In June, Ford recalled some 2021-2022 vehicles because the high-voltage battery main contactors may overheat.

In May, a recall was issued for the all-wheel drive version of the car. The Mach-E’s powertrain control module safety software was found unable to detect some software errors that could have led to unintended acceleration or deceleration.

A 2021 recall was issued because the car’s windshields could detach. Another 2021 recall was issued because the front subframe bolts may not have been tightened properly during assembly."

https://www.westernjournal.com/new-electric-mustang-lasted-6-months-without-dangerous-complications-ford-announces-major-ev-recall/

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, pipedreams said:

"Ford’s electric version of its legendary Mustang muscle car has been hit with a recall.

Ford is recalling 1,175 of its 2022 Mustang Mach-E electric vehicles due to concerns that the right-rear axle half shafts may have a manufacturing defect, according to Ford Authority.

The Mach-E has been hit with recalls before, according to cars.com.

In June, Ford recalled some 2021-2022 vehicles because the high-voltage battery main contactors may overheat.

In May, a recall was issued for the all-wheel drive version of the car. The Mach-E’s powertrain control module safety software was found unable to detect some software errors that could have led to unintended acceleration or deceleration.

A 2021 recall was issued because the car’s windshields could detach. Another 2021 recall was issued because the front subframe bolts may not have been tightened properly during assembly."

https://www.westernjournal.com/new-electric-mustang-lasted-6-months-without-dangerous-complications-ford-announces-major-ev-recall/

Electric and Mustang do not belong in the same sentence. (AND that is NOT a MUSTANG,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,for shame Ford)

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am not at all surprised that there are recalls.

First off, recalls are not at all uncommon, especially on a new model,

Second, I feel that most of these new electric vehicles are being rushed to market, so unexpected bugs are very likely to show up.

Third, I agree with DAKA. That abomination is not a Mustang!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, jmohme said:

I am not at all surprised that there are recalls.

First off, recalls are not at all uncommon, especially on a new model,

Second, I feel that most of these new electric vehicles are being rushed to market, so unexpected bugs are very likely to show up.

Third, I agree with DAKA. That abomination is not a Mustang!

 

On 9/3/2022 at 5:45 AM, DAKA said:

Electric and Mustang do not belong in the same sentence. (AND that is NOT a MUSTANG,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,for shame Ford)

F-150 and electric do not belong in the same sentence either for that matter. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

 

F-150 and electric do not belong in the same sentence either for that matter. 

Sure they do. You're just not using your electric noodle:

"If my F-150 was a hybrid I'd have a viable electric vehicle."

"Put that POS electric vehicle in the bed of my F-150, and take it to the landfill."

"My F-150 has electric lights."

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Please Donate To TBS

    Please donate to TBS.
    Your support is needed and it is greatly appreciated.
×
×
  • Create New...