Eating habits

Al Czervik

I eat usually one meal a day.  I may snack on cereal or sometimes muffins.  I love Licorice, I simply can't get enough soft Licorice.  No one else in my family seems to like it.

I go to a Denny's 'cause I'm friends with most of the waitstaff there.  Then I will get Crepes or a shake with gallons of Coffee to justify my times spent there with my wife talking with the waitresses.

I do have a sweet tooth.  According to some I eat will way too much Sugar, but my tests come back high but within the guidelines, so there. 

• Like 2

Completely erratic.  Some days I don't eat anything.  Some days I graze thru the day.  Some days I eat one meal, or two, or three.  It just depends on what I'm doing and whether I'm hungry.  I know there is no point in eating if I'm not hungry, except for trying a bite of whatever I'm cooking for everyone else to make sure the spices are right.  But I have issues wasting food - for years I was finishing off whatever was left after everyone else was done, just so it wouldn't "go to waste". That's how I gained 25 pounds over  25 years.  I stopped doing that and dropped 8 pounds.  Still want to lose 15 more, so I'm just eating smaller portions, NOT finishing off what's left of supper at night (I am NOT going to get hit by lightning for throwing it out, or eating it for breakfast).  If I lose the 15#, I'm going to have to buy myself a whole new wardrobe.  I HATE clothes shopping.  Sigh.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Mrs.Cicero said:

Completely erratic.  Some days I don't eat anything.  Some days I graze thru the day.  Some days I eat one meal, or two, or three.  It just depends on what I'm doing and whether I'm hungry.  I know there is no point in eating if I'm not hungry, except for trying a bite of whatever I'm cooking for everyone else to make sure the spices are right.  But I have issues wasting food - for years I was finishing off whatever was left after everyone else was done, just so it wouldn't "go to waste". That's how I gained 25 pounds over  25 years.  I stopped doing that and dropped 8 pounds.  Still want to lose 15 more, so I'm just eating smaller portions, NOT finishing off what's left of supper at night (I am NOT going to get hit by lightning for throwing it out, or eating it for breakfast).  If I lose the 15#, I'm going to have to buy myself a whole new wardrobe.  I HATE clothes shopping.  Sigh.

I hate to remind you, but!  Don't screw with what God made perfect!  :599c64b15e0f8_thumbsup:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, geeorge said:

Some days I am hungry and some days not. Yesterday I forgot to eat and wasn't hungry but my body started to have minor shakes so I knew it was time to eat hungry or not

My wife gets really pissed when I don't eat because I'm simply not hungry.  I thing she is mad because she "likes food"........ :noooo:

• Like 3

3 hours ago, LostinTexas said:

Lunch/Brunch- Supper.

Usually avoid store bought sweets, but will make a pie every month or so.

How the hell do you forget to eat? For a day or two? Skinny people. :freak:

I make Custard pies that my wife just can't pass up.  She cusses me because between us the pie lasts one day.  That's a double large recipe with 8 eggs 2" thick. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Valmet said:

I eat three meals a day technically but breakfast is usually a bowl of cereal, lunch is maybe a sandwich with dinner being my only “real” meal. 

I like cereal so much, I have to be careful that I sometimes take so much at one time I get "blocked up" for a few days.

15 hours ago, minderasr said:

Three meals a day, with afternoon snacks and LOTS of water.  All Keto/Atkins diet for the last couple of years.  Dropped 95 pounds initially, gained back 5 and seem to have settled there.

I am being treated for a medical problem right now, and they are threatening me that I have to drink so much water per day.  I hate water.  I don't know why, but I never drink the stuff.  Now I'm drowning in the stuff and I still don't like it -  Why doesn't anyone tell me to drink all the Coffee I can.  I can do that! 

One of my kids is like me about water.

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, janice6 said:

I am being treated for a medical problem right now, and they are threatening me that I have to drink so much water per day.  I hate water.  I don't know why, but I never drink the stuff.  Now I'm drowning in the stuff and I still don't like it -  Why doesn't anyone tell me to drink all the Coffee I can.  I can do that! 

That’s why I keep carbonated lemon flavored water around here- the husband doesn’t like water with no flavor

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, janice6 said:

Try out a Soda Stream. Pretty inexpensive to operate, and you can choose flavors if you like. I rather enjoy the stuff. Got the girl next door on one when she mentioned she drinks fizzy water from the store because she liked it, but not regular water.

Couldn't hurt.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, janice6 said:

Lots of flavored water options.  There's bound to be something you'll find acceptable.  Just avoid those loaded with sugar.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, deputy tom said:

I like club soda sometimes. Like today I think I'll add some Bourbon to my club soda. tom. :whistling:

3 hours ago, deputy tom said:

I like club soda sometimes. Like today I think I'll add some Bourbon to my club soda. tom. :whistling:

I do like Bourbon!  prior stomach problems means limited alcohol for me.  I do like the effects of much alcohol....................

• Like 1

Last year I did strict alternate day fasting for about 6 months.  It really works and I'm used to the Ketosis side effects now. 

Since then I've been fasting one day/week, so about a 36-40 hour weekly fast.   Weight has stayed off easily and I'm no low carb eater.

• Like 1